PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

USM band

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: USM band

Postby XmustangXdeathX » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:55 pm

Originally posted by Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex:
I don't know what's worse...someone ragging on TCU's precious band or someone moanin' and cryin' because we're raggin on their precious band?
I could care less about putting a bunch of TCU music school nerds in their place. I just can't help but take shots at that band, it's in my nature. While Barb Ann is right in that it's comparing apples to oranges, I'd rather be in a band that's fun to be in and is active in the spirit portion of the game rather than some supersized HS clone of a college band that rather go play for a bunch of High Schoolers in San Antonio than go to Houston and support the team.
The only thing that's been crushed as of late actually happened earlier this week when some team down in Mississippi put an end to that dream that TCU had called a BCS Bowl.
As for that so called "blatting noise machine" that you refer to as the Mustang Band, I'd rather take a group of 70 some odd people playing their cojones off to some catchy songs and being entertaining than a group of 120 some odd people plus a lame [deleted] flag corps walking around to some lame Andrew Lloyd Webber song. While one would think a band with more people would be heard that doesn't seem to happen with TCU. The only thing you hear coming from their group are the flutes,clarinets and the flag corps stomping their hooves on the field. That would most likely explain why you think 70 some odd people is a "noise machine."
With that said, I am proud to say that I was a member of the Mustang Band and would take my time with that band any day over being in the TCU Horned Drone Band.
Hubba hubba...
Oh you gotta love it. The horns, the drums, the noise! It's all for the love of music, for the love of the game.
XmustangXdeathX
Scout Team

Re: USM band

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:37 pm

there are some incredibly stupid posters on this board.. and that's not even including myself.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football