PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ok adopted frog, try this...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ok adopted frog, try this...

Postby ProudPonyPa » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:59 pm

Well we can't talk about the Ponies last victory, can we?

This bickering just makes Phil's job that much harder. I didn't even go to SMU and I listened to and watched as many games as I can. I have no affiliation with SMU. Call me a casual fan. You need more casual fans in Ford Stadium, not less.

If you can't even fill your stadium with students, alumni, and parents, you don't have the luxury of telling casual fans where to go. It's that kind of thinking process you (collectively) criticize the administration for having.

This site is not Pony Alumni. It's Pony Fans. Do you want more or less fans? The Ohio State/Michigan game had over 110,000 people present, a NCAA record.

Right now, SMU can't get that kind of attendance in a season. But that doesn't mean you can't two years from now.

Some of the posters here have lost or never had the ability to discern between friends and foes.

I would love to get the family together on a Saturday and come to Ford Stadium. It's close, convenient and a lot of fun. I have enjoyed every visit to Ford Stadium, but I haven't seen the home team win, yet. I like to see the kids faces up on the Diamond screen, the cheerleaders, the band, and big plays.
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:33 pm

actually, you are right. you are the kind of fan we need. despite my taking pot shots in the original post to this thread, one of TCU's successes the last few years has been their ability to get John Q. Ft. Worth to be a fan whereas we have historically failed miserably at getting John Q. Dallas to be a fan of SMU, at least since i've been a fan. i hope that you will continue to be one of those fans.

btw, my original post was made in fun here in rivalry week, directed at those TCU fans that thought (before the so. miss game) that we were going to 'ruin' their season and that we don't belong on the same field with them; those fans that as someone above said so correctly that spend their time spraying all over each other about how they are notre dame-esque and could be UT. talk about shallow. these guys have the shallowest memories i've seen in a long time. but there are some cool frog fans, and to those fans, i hope they know that we look forward to a day (soon) that we CAN compete on the field with you.

oddly, when i was in school, we beat TCU all four years and most of my schoolmates didn't really think of TCU as much of a rival because their program was pathetic. i'm sure that's how many feel about us today, so i get the sentiment.
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby geno » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:55 pm

If these comments from rabid SMU backers are typical of its students, no wonder the other Universities in the region call it SMUT.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby geno » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:55 pm

If these comments from rabid SMU backers are typical of its students, no wonder the other Universities in the region call it SMUT.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:49 pm

Originally posted by geno:
Get some new material Gena. You're as lame as Adopted Frog. SMUT...very original. Reminds me of what the SMU Theatre department used to call their Intramural teams which was...surprise...SMUT. Come back when you're more original.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Spaz » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:08 pm

Originally posted by geno:
What a well thought out and reasonable remark...

NOW F*** OFF!!!!!
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football