PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

JUCO QB & Phillips

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: JUCO QB & Phillips

Postby Dooby » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:33 pm

Again, I think (don't know for sure) Bennett was getting snaps leading up to the QB change. Just not at the beginning of the season.

The other side of the argument is that the game needs to played. As long as Bartel and Wallis were playing, they need the snaps, not some hypothetical might-play-if-I-need-him. A QB has to have some confidence and announcing Phillips as a potential late-season project and letting him take over the scout team or take 10% of the snaps with the offense would wreck what little confidence Bartel and Wallis had left.

Even in hindsight, I am not sure what Bennett could have done differently given the cards he was dealt.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DallasDiehard » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:46 pm

Originally posted by Uncle Morty:
Wait, you're saying that Phillips wasnt even the scout team QB, and then Bennett named him the starter for the rest of the year out of nowhere?
I believe Phillips started the season as the #3 QB.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby Dooby » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:02 pm

I'd like to think that is true, but (1) it is the first I have heard of it; and (2) doesn't list any 3rd QB on any Game Notes or anywhere else.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football