PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ricky Joe Meeks

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ricky Joe Meeks

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:40 pm

hey, best of luck to Hodges but this post says it's about Ricky Joe Meeks. I like the fact that going into next year, we now have QBs who are JRs, a Soph and a Frosh. Ricky Joe has 4 more years to earn playing time as a QB and I still see him and Phillips as our QBs of the future. I'm anxious to see how he competes, but the comments about his being able to punt are on the money...that makes him all the more valuable to this team. It will also be interesting to see if he ever plays golf for the Mustangs.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:03 pm

Just so everyone will know! Mark Hodges has played QB from the time he was 6 yrs. up until last year. You can take the player out of the position but you can take the position out of the Player. Players can be moved up but they don't like being moved down. This team is stacked up with QB's. They will all be just waiting for the other to mess up so they can get the nod. Has Meeks been a QB all of his life? If he has then he is not gonna want to be a backup. It appears that the QB for this team has been chosen. If he doesn't get hurt and the coaches don't get mad at him for running, then the others are either going to have to play some other position or move. That's football, baby. Oh, I didn't realize that I was being bitter. Coach Bennett has done a lot for Mark. I am not bitter at him or SMU. I think he made the wrong choice that's all. He is trying to build a team the way he wants it to be. He will pick and put each player where he wants them and then he will expect them to play where he puts them. That's football. Mark will not be the only one to have this will happen to him. When you get cut it hurts but you just have to move on and be happy some where else. That's the way it is.
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:50 pm

Good luck to you both! Please come back and give us an update after the season.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby No Quarter » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:10 am

Relative Stang -

Caqn you give us a website for Central Oklahoma sports/football?

And yes, all the best to you and Mark Hodges!
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:20 pm

www.lonestarconference.org
and the school site is ecok.edu
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:21 am

All4SMU - this is in responsed to your comments about my husband and myself. I've just read your post... and you know what? You DON'T know anything about me or my family. This is nothing about being jealous! Jealous of WHAT? I am very proud of my son for all of his accomplishments. I am also honor and especially thankful Coach Bennett gave my son an opportunity to be a part of the MUSTANGS football team. My family and I enjoyed coming out to Ford stadium and other away games to watch the boys played. We have befriend a few of them and will miss them all very much, and wish all of them GOODLUCK! (Their parents as well). The decision of transferring was very hard for Mark, but he play a position in which he had played all of his life, and I don't see anything wrong with that. So you tell me "WHAT DO WE HAVE TO BE JEALOUS OF?"
P.S. I thought this board was for a way of parents and fans to communicate not to rediculed people whom which you don't even know! I am using my husband site in response to ALL4SMU!
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Postby ALL4SMU » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:24 am

Originally posted by RELATIVE-STANG:
All4SMU - this is in responsed to your comments about my husband and myself. I've just read your post... and you know what? You DON'T know anything about me or my family This is nothing about being jealous! Jealous of WHAT? I am very proud of my son for all of his accomplishments. I am also honor and especially thankful Coach Bennett gave my son an opportunity to be a part of the MUSTANGS football team. My family and I enjoyed coming out to Ford stadium and other away games to watch the boys played. We have befriend a few of them and will miss them all very much, and wish all of them GOODLUCK! (Their parents as well). The decision of transferring was very hard for Mark, but he play a position in which he had played all of his life, and I don't see anything wrong with that. So you tell me "WHAT DO WE HAVE TO BE JEALOUS OF?"
P.S. I thought this board was for a way of parents and fans to communicate not to rediculed people whom which you don't even know! I am using my husband site in response to ALL4SMU!
RELATIVE-STANG -Take it easy. My sole point was that it seemed like every post I read of yours was one in which you were saying how much we needed to start your son at QB instead of the other QBS, and how the triple option was the way to go. It just got redundant. On top of that, you commented on several occasions about how our other QBS were headed to the TE position, implying that was the thing our coaches like to do. It seemed to me, and please feel free to correct me, that you felt a little anger that your son got moved to TE. And it also seemed to me that you were reluctant to admit that your son did not have a future as a D-1 QB, and instead his future was at TE. That was where I was referrring to jealousy..

Point is, relax. I was not questioning you a person. I am sure you are nice, sweet, good moreal person. I just thought it seemed like you were a little jealous of the fact that your son was not playing QB at SMU.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby GrapevineMustang » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:57 pm

I agree with the prediction that we might see Vincent Chase on the field soon -- perhaps as soon as next year. My understanding is that Ryan Kennedy will be moved inside to the offensive line because of his tremendous size and strength, which would be invaluable in terms of depth (if he doesn't jump into the rotation immediately). I don't know what we're doing with Tate Wallis, but he could make a solid TE, in my opinion. Either way, Meeks could be a valuable punter. Nothing against Mentzel -- I still think he has real talent, if not a ton of confidence at the moment -- but Meeks would have teams paranoid about a fake.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby GrapevineMustang » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:33 pm

And best of luck to Mark Hodges. Once you sign with the Ponies, you're always a Pony in my book. Here's to all Mark's future successes, whether on the field or off.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby RELATIVE-STANG » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:50 pm

It wouldn't suprise me at all to here that Coach B would want Ryan to gain 40 lbs and move him to OT or something. But remmember you can move players up but they don't like to be demoted. If what you say happens you can add to the list of mid year transfers. Hey Ryan It's fun out here. These people have great parties at these huge ranches with horses and deer and four wheelers. the football facilites kinda reminds me of the junction boys but the campus is reality nice. ECU bring your rod & reel and gun. John Wayne might ride into town any time know. Hee! Hee! Hee!
:shifty:
RELATIVE-STANG
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Football