PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Do the SMU coaches think we have a chance against Baylor?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Do the SMU coaches think we have a chance against Baylor

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:I was speaking with one of the assistant coaches about the Baylor game recently and it's like he was getting his excuses ready for a big loss. Didn't seem to think SMU even had the foggiest chance to even keep it close let alone possibly pulling an upset. One thing I know is that if the coaches don't think we can win or play a good game against Baylor then the players certainly aren't.

Did he mention who he blamed for those inadequacies?

As far as recruiting he thought we were doing as well as we could. Basically the same talking points as Mexmustang has been feed,
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:I would say whatever you think is right rather than keeping your mouth shut in person and criticizing anonymously in the internet. Could be an interesting conversation.

So you are just being your normal jerk self. He and I have been in heated debates about the recruiting but I have never heard a coach throw in the towel before a game like that. He just sounded like there is very little hope. Maybe they are using reverse psychology on the team and fans.

If you say so. I did think you were very sensitive to name calling though, must have been another poster.

It just struck me as odd that you had not addressed it with him in person. Glad to know you have told him your feelings about recruiting.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby sbsmith » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Rebel10 wrote:As far as recruiting he thought we were doing as well as we could. Basically the same talking points as Mexmustang has been feed,

So a bunch of deflections and no responsibility taken, well that's right out of the June Jones playbook. I wonder just how many people June has brainwashed with that bs?
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby couch 'em » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 pm

No D1 program should tolerate this. We deserve our FCS fate
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby malonish » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Titleist627 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Baylor fan here.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a season to start. Partly because it's the start of another season but mostly because of the new stadium opening.

June was on 104.9 The Horn in Austin this morning and said (paraphrased) "We are going to beat Baylor to start the season." Obviously he has to say that and everything but he sounded confident and wasn't sidestepping anything. Should be a fun game.

Hope to see a bunch of y'all like last season down in Waco on Aug. 31. Partying on the river will be legit. I was a big SMU hoops fan this season and hope y'all beat tcu every year. I can't stand those p*****s.
2013 Big XII Champs
Titleist627

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm

It will definitely be an interesting game. Baylor could be a bit overhyped because of the new stadium and of course the surroundings will be just as unfamiliar to them as they will be to us.

A lot depends on how our offense clicks, but there is certainly no reason to believe we can't hang with them until the game gets out of hand.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby ojaipony » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:38 pm

I'd like to b slap the genius who scheduled this for smu -- we only play them at their home. When are they coming to Ford? (Not that it wouldn't be a slaughter there either).

So tired of being a whipping boy for these [deleted].
ojaipony

Postby ponyboy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:40 pm

My son is going to Baylor in the Fall. Cannot wait for the game, which happens to be on my birthday.

BEAT BAYLOR
ponyboy

Postby Titleist627 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:45 pm

ojaipony wrote:I'd like to b slap the genius who scheduled this for smu -- we only play them at their home. When are they coming to Ford? (Not that it wouldn't be a slaughter there either).

I seriously hope we play up at Ford sometime in the near future.

I haven't gotten to see a game there but made a point to stop and visit your beautiful campus when I was in Dallas a few years ago. Ford Stadium was incredibly impressive and I wanted Baylor to make a carbon-copy of it when our new stadium idea was first being kicked around.
2013 Big XII Champs
Titleist627

Postby ojaipony » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Titleist627 wrote:
ojaipony wrote:I'd like to b slap the genius who scheduled this for smu -- we only play them at their home. When are they coming to Ford? (Not that it wouldn't be a slaughter there either).

I seriously hope we play up at Ford sometime in the near future.

I haven't gotten to see a game there but made a point to stop and visit your beautiful campus when I was in Dallas a few years ago. Ford Stadium was incredibly impressive and I wanted Baylor to make a carbon-copy of it when our new stadium idea was first being kicked around.

We need a home and home in basketball. Football won't be entertaining as long as JJ is here.
ojaipony

Postby ponyboy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:49 pm

And the hate parade continues. Sheep much?
ponyboy

Postby Big12Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 pm

It is a rivalry series like TCU and UNT.
They come to Ford next year.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby 03Mustang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm

ponyboy wrote:And the hate parade continues. Sheep much?

This from the guy who is sending his kid to Baylor. Admit it, it's because of the uniforms.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sbsmith » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:38 pm

We had a 2012-2019 home and home series set up with them but we chickened out of the 2013 game and the 2017-2019 games were cancelled which took away two more games at Ford. Now it works out as a 3 for 1.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Football