PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustangs in the NFL Signings

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Mustangs in the NFL Signings

Postby ojaipony » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:20 am

I like how the staff is promoting this stuff. We need more. We have more NFL hall of famers, for example, than most of our B12 recruiting competition (and I'm pretty sure more than Utah and BC combined) :-) Is it relevant to today? Not necessarily, but you have to PROMOTE any of your strengths you possibly can over and over and over again (until it gets socialized and sticks).
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Donnell88 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:14 pm

I always gloat about SMU having five members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame,
Doak Walker, Raymond Berry, Forrest Gregg, Eric Dickerson and KC Chiefs' past owner
Lamar Hunt. Oklahoma has only four members (Troy Aikman, Tommy McDonald, Lee Roy Selmon
and NFL executive Ron Wolf).
Georgia has only two (Fran Tarkenton and Charley Trippi) and Kansas State has none, one less than
Fort Valley State (Rayfield Wright).
Source: profootballhof.com
Donnell88
All-American

Postby Donnell88 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Further to the Hall of Fame theme, there are five SMU grads in the College Hall of Fame:
Doak Walker (inducted in 1959), Kyle Rote (1964), Gerald Mann (1969), Don Meredith (1982),
and Jerry LeVias (2003). Jerry Rhome, a quarterback who set all kinds of records for passing yards at Tulsa, transferred from SMU.
Eric Dickerson has not yet been inducted, no doubt because of his "I'm not answering that question" response when he is asked, yet again, did you take money while you were at SMU?
Donnell88
All-American

Postby soccermom » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:36 pm

IMO, I think Eric isn't in it b/c of what he did say.....about ut.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyPride » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:18 pm

PonyTime wrote:Would be interesting to see if Cole has patched things up w/ SMU football and shows...

I think their relationship is good. A couple of coaches have commented about what a good guy he is, how much they liked meeting him, etc., and when I ran into him last week, he said he really likes the staff, which I can only assume means they have met, talked, etc. Looks like that relationship is pretty good.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/

threads.com/ponyfans_staff
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football