PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

luxurious tailgate suites

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: luxurious tailgate suites

Postby Arkpony » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Blazing hot on a warm day too.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:41 pm

I enjoy mooching off of all of you
smupony94

Postby RGV Pony » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 pm

For the real piece de resistance they will tell people like a couple of well heeled and well known boulevarders that their traditional club setup and discoball or Windstream with bar are no longer welcome and the only such props allowed are those from the 40k official provider
RGV Pony

Postby Mestengo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:55 pm

in that set of circumstances they will require air conditioning :mrgreen:
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:31 am

Hccm has some cool ideas for the blvd btw. And this is far from it. But this is typical of our out of touch marketing department who refuses to attract the upper middle class Dallas fan who just wants a small piece of the fun.
smusic 00

Postby jpe747 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:58 am

Instead of dividing SMU supporters they need to be bringing fans to the stadium. If SMU wants to segregate the haves from the have nots I think that hurts the image. SMU is already thought of as stuck up by greater Dallas.

What I would do if I was asked to improve the pregame experience is bring people together and add the stadium to the boulevard. After all, getting people into the stadium is what its all about. What I do now is take my guests for a walk down the Boulevard; perhaps have a beer or two, then continue to the stadium. We don't hang out. I have no friends on the Boulevard. Few of my SMU friends even go to games. I can't get them to go. They would rather stay home. Not only would I try to drive people to the stadium I would have things for them to do.

I would open the stadium a couple of hours before the game with an atmosphere kinda like Spring game. I would invite the Mustang Club to help on a number of fronts. Perhaps three of four jump houses for the kids. SMU band concert before the game. A couple or three high school bands performing before a game and invite them to play a few songs during the game. Big screen videos when bands are not playing. Catering services in the hallway around the stadium. Might have special events like parachute landings or gymnastics, etc. Special guest to visit people in stands from the stadium floor answering questions, etc; people like Dirk Nowitzki or Roger Staubach. Half price on drinks, SMU T-shirts and other SMU items up to 15 mins. before game time. There's a million other things that could be done. Who is it we want in the stadium? Is it the SMU students? Is it the young adults that party on Greenville and Mockingbird? Is it Dallas and area families? Maybe all the above? I would try to entertain them instead of dividing the fan base more than it already is.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby BUS » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 am

This is the most creative idea from smu athletics in decades. Fun times as the boulevard expands down Binkley. Maybe someday we take over the soccer parking lot as well.

Money issues aside, if nobody buys the spot the price will drop. Have and have not is a state of mind. You can still walk by and get a drink. Still yell a go mustang... slap a high five... rich and not so rich do those things.

Nice to see smu do a portable, good looking set up. Really like the balcony !!!

If you don't like it.... don't rent it.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby PonyKai » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:44 am

RGV Pony wrote:For the real piece de resistance they will tell people like a couple of well heeled and well known boulevarders that their traditional club setup and discoball or Windstream with bar are no longer welcome and the only such props allowed are those from the 40k official provider

lol, what? They're going to tell Huber and co. they can't bring their own rigs?
PonyKai

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:58 am

RebStang wrote: Honestly, I'm not really willing to call these things a "fancy" option. These things are shipping containers painted white....

Beware of formaldehyde. Probably repurposed remnants of Hurricane Katrina government housing. Maybe you could get a Section 8 rate or a deal on a double-wide.
Bergermeister

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:59 am

I have seen these containers for other schools like Texas Tech, A&M, TCU and even Baylor so this whole worry about it being a have vs have not thing is bs. The more reach the SMU brand has, the better. Then again for 40k I can build two of my own containers lol
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:06 am

Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Mestengo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:22 pm

BUS wrote:This is the most creative idea from smu athletics in decades. Fun times as the boulevard expands down Binkley. Maybe someday we take over the soccer parking lot as well.

Money issues aside, if nobody buys the spot the price will drop. Have and have not is a state of mind. You can still walk by and get a drink. Still yell a go mustang... slap a high five... rich and not so rich do those things.

Nice to see smu do a portable, good looking set up. Really like the balcony !!!

If you don't like it.... don't rent it.

wow I hope I never have to sit next to you lol
BTW we have two new neighbors
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby GreenbeltPony » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:47 pm

The SMU soirée wouldn't be complete without them.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby BUS » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Are they good looking?
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby mrydel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:28 pm

He did not take them before the 104 committee. We have no idea what we are getting.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football