PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dan Branch lobbying for SMU inclusion in Big 12

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Dan Branch lobbying for SMU inclusion in Big 12

Postby Pony^ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Pony Boss wrote:A lot of those out of state students stay in TX. What's your point?

The point is SMU's enrollment is becoming more national in scope. Each year there is a smaller percentage of Texans and a higher percentage of out-of-state students. Sure, some will stay in Texas, but many students (residents and nonresidents) leave and seek employment or graduate education throughout the country and internationally.

We are not a state university that draws 90+ percent of our students from Texas. A more geographically diverse student body is a positive development for SMU, but it doesn't necessarily help with alumni attendance at sporting events.
Pony^
All-American

Postby Pony^ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Larry Faulkner is another person who could possible help the cause. He is a current member of the SMU Board of Trustees and holds an undergraduate degree from SMU. He was president of UT Austin from 1998 to 2006.
Pony^
All-American

Postby AustinPerson » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:06 pm

It doesn't matter if the SMU grads stay in Texas or not. What matters is if they grew up SMU fans or not. If they didn't grow up as SMU fans, it seems like most SMU kids are into schools that they supported growing up - like Ole Miss or something.

It's hard to find an SMU grad who spent time at Ownby, like me, while in grade school.
AustinPerson
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:57 pm

AustinPerson wrote:It doesn't matter if the SMU grads stay in Texas or not. What matters is if they grew up SMU fans or not. If they didn't grow up as SMU fans, it seems like most SMU kids are into schools that they supported growing up - like Ole Miss or something.

It's hard to find an SMU grad who spent time at Ownby, like me, while in grade school.

I was the first person in my family in 4 generations not to go to Texas. Buildings named after my family there. Does it matter that I went to SMU instead of Texas?
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Is it a restroom??
One Trick Pony

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 pm

Tap twice for a fast response from footballdad
smupony94