PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Other Games

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Other Games

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Navy trailing 1-3 Air Force 28-7

Final 35-7 with Navy held to 9 First Downs
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Chad really is impressive while losing Stallion, glorious even. What a guy!
SMUer

Postby 03Mustang » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:07 pm

NTSU losing 3-0 to UTEP late in the 1st....WTH?
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:30 pm

03Mustang wrote:NTSU losing 3-0 to UTEP late in the 1st....WTH?

1 hit wonders..
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:41 pm

03Mustang wrote:NTSU losing 3-0 to UTEP late in the 1st....WTH?

Tough game but it appears UNT will pull it out. Proves once again how tough it is to win on the road, unless you are playing at Arkansas
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Cincinnati goes to 6-0 with it's 37-21 win at home against Tulane. Glad we get a week off before facing those 2 teams. Hopefully we can find a way to win one of those games but I'm still not convinced we can win on the road and Cincy looks like they are going to be one of the better teams in the AAC this season.
Charleston Pony

Postby footballdad » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:30 pm

SMUer wrote:Chad really is impressive while losing Stallion, glorious even. What a guy!

Stallion loves to tout those Morris offensive stats, as his poor defenses and special teams consistently give up 50+ per contest.

It'll be no different in the SEC with Arkansas. The offense will greatly improve, and the defense and special teams will be poor to lousy. Final result will be a ceiling of about 7 wins. No different than he would've done at SMU had he stayed.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:53 pm

footballdad wrote:
SMUer wrote:Chad really is impressive while losing Stallion, glorious even. What a guy!

Stallion loves to tout those Morris offensive stats, as his poor defenses and special teams consistently give up 50+ per contest.

It'll be no different in the SEC with Arkansas. The offense will greatly improve, and the defense and special teams will be poor to lousy. Final result will be a ceiling of about 7 wins. No different than he would've done at SMU had he stayed.

That was June Jones' blueprint for building a program. Score a lot of point to at least make the games entertaining, win or lose...and then hope once you can start outscoring your opponents more often than not, that you can recruit better defensive players. I would not bet against Chad because he's a lot younger than Saban.
Charleston Pony

Postby footballdad » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
footballdad wrote:

That was June Jones' blueprint for building a program. Score a lot of point to at least make the games entertaining, win or lose...and then hope once you can start outscoring your opponents more often than not, that you can recruit better defensive players. I would not bet against Chad because he's a lot younger than Saban.

JJ and Morris not so different after all.

You just mentioned Morris and Saban in the same sentence!............. :lol: :lol: :lol: Morris a lot more along the lines of Kingsbury.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:37 pm

what's that-oh another 4 star for Chad-2nd this week -that's going to put them at 18 on 247 and 13 on Rivals--with several more 4 stars leaning
Last edited by Stallion on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby footballdad » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Stallion wrote:what's that-oh another 4 star for Chad-2nd this week -that's going to put them at 18 on 247 and 14+ on Rivals--with several more 4 stars leaning

Yeah, yeah, yeah...........you touted all the Morris recruiting magic at SMU for 4 years.........and most all of it turned out wrong. Put a cork in it.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby TidePony » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Back from the Arkansas Bama game - here are my observations:

1. Fayetteville, the area, and the stadium renovation are outstanding

2. We were treated nicely (and yes I had on an SMU cap) by the Hogs

3. Chad is on thin ice and not well liked - in fact two people told me we could have him back

4. I told them I liked Chad while he was here, but the choices he made during the unfortunate divorce proceedings destroyed our relationship. They are already looking forward to their own divorce with Chad in a couple of years

5. It was rainy and H U M I D, and a really boring game.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:46 pm

I will report after the Ole Miss game. I will be going to a large catered tailgate and speaking with many fans. I think I will find most are actually seeing progress. It is just humorous how when Chad came they all agreed it would take 3-5 to get the program turned. I did not realize so many meant 3-5 games rather than years.

On another note, Larry Czonka was in town today for the Arkansas Touchdown Club. He said in preparing for being here he watched the last two games and was very impressed with the progress of the program for whatever that is worth.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 pm

mrydel wrote:I will report after the Ole Miss game. I will be going to a large catered tailgate and speaking with many fans. I think I will find most are actually seeing progress. It is just humorous how when Chad came they all agreed it would take 3-5 to get the program turned. I did not realize so many meant 3-5 games rather than years.

On another note, Larry Czonka was in town today for the Arkansas Touchdown Club. He said in preparing for being here he watched the last two games and was very impressed with the progress of the program for whatever that is worth.
I was at Saturdays Ole Miss game. Despite losing 70-21, ULM ran the ball pretty well at times. I'd be surprised if Chad's O doesn't pick up some yards on the ground.
RGV Pony

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:21 pm

People are asking today when the last time was that a team had three 75 yard TD drives against Alabama. And another 50 yard FG drive. Of course there were subs in for a lot of that but they are on other teams also. Saban was not happy after the game.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football