PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Reggie McNeal: "Ain't nobody better than us."

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby DixieTech » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:50 am

Nobody better except Tech, OU and UT.
Southern, Texan, American - in that order.
DixieTech
Recruit

Hmmmmm....

Postby MaroonDawning » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:08 pm

Oh really DixieTech?

Well, since we're applying LonghornFan's really informed view of any team that beat A&M last year being better...what has Tech done to fall into that category.

By the way LonghornFan, you've got your head so far up your butt you think that somehow Wyoming's 31-0 loss to A&M makes them better.

By the way, you two clowns tag teaming Reggie in regards to being a poor passer are absolutely cracking me up...keep the comedy coming. Gig 'em

Jordan '01
MaroonDawning

Postby LonghornFan68 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:50 am

/\ Apparently you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Here's a link in case you're interweb challenged: Click me

I never said Reggie was a bad passer. I was refuting the claim that Vince is a decent passer, despite what everyone wants to believe.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Re: Hmmmmm....

Postby meangreen204 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:58 am

MaroonDawning wrote:Oh really DixieTech?
Well, since we're applying LonghornFan's really informed view of any team that beat A&M last year being better...what has Tech done to fall into that category.

Well, A&M is 2-8 against Tech in the last 10 years. Not sure how you guys define "scoreboard" or "ownership" in College Station...
meangreen204

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:08 am

meangreen204 wrote:

Well, A&M is 2-8 against Tech in the last 10 years. Not sure how you guys define "scoreboard" or "ownership" in College Station...

Splitting hairs, but it is 3-7. .500 the last 20 years. That really is remarkable to me.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby meangreen204 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:20 am

SMU Football Blog wrote:
meangreen204 wrote:

Splitting hairs, but it is 3-7. .500 the last 20 years. That really is remarkable to me.

Ah, you are correct, my apologies... I thought it was 2-8 until last year's win but I guess I was wrong.

Either way, Tech has a legitimate claim at being the better team...
meangreen204

Well...

Postby MaroonDawning » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:24 pm

Sure they do, over the past 10 years.

However...they've gone 7-3 against A&M and have managed to do what with it?

In that span, A&M has won the Big XII once, the Big XII South twice, etc.

And I realize that's the number MeanGreen, but when we've got folks popping up talking about Baylor being better than A&M based on last year (sadly, I think they're being serious)...then that's the point I'm making. (Despite Baylor's 1-18-1 record against A&M over the last 20 years)

Longhornfan, I don't care enough to go back through the thread and read, but either one of you "two clowns" (reading comprehension would've helped you grasp the plurality of that statement) commented that Reggie makes Vince look like Brett Favre.

However, I tip my hat to you, it was a nice try to cover your tracks. Gig 'em

Jordan '01
MaroonDawning

Postby Bocephus » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:03 am

Ask any pro scout who the better passer is, end of discussion.

Go ask Bob Stoops who he would rather have at QB. Hell, ask him which QB he would rather face.

Young is a mediocre passer and always will be. Sad thing is that I saw him the summer after his sophomore year of HS and he was a better passer then than he is now.
Bocephus
Scout Team

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:29 am

Bocephus, yet another moral victory for the ags, I guess. I'll take on-the-field victories any day. Seems like those are scarce these days for Aggy.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby DixieTech » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:16 am

Well, what we did with the 3-7 record against the aggies was beat them 7 out of 10 times.

As for the others, we're working on it. Talent gets better, facilities get better, etc. We're ahead of the aggies as far as the program goes NOW.

Really no talent difference, except at reciever and tailback, our WRs and our tailback are clearly better than yours. Other than those positions, it's pretty even - talent wise.

In the past, yes they were better. Now, we're better.

See you in the Jones!
Southern, Texan, American - in that order.
DixieTech
Recruit

Postby BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:19 am

No, our QB is much better than Tech's QB. I'm sure Cody is a solid QB, but he will put up numbers because of Leach's system and then he won't go on to the NFL.

I'll take Reggie any day. He will go in the first day of the NFL draft.

Jarrett Hicks is a monster and a damn good WR. After that, you receiving corps is behind ours. We have 11 receivers that can play, and DeQawn Mobley (future NFL), Earvin Taylor (future NFL), Jason Carter, Chad Schroeder, Kerry Franks all had big games last year and they are burners.

I don't know enough about your OL to make a judgement yet.

Our DL is widely thought as one of the top 5 DLs in the nation according to different preseason mags. Tech's is nowhere on the radar.

I don't know enough about your LBs to make a judgement.

I'll take your corners and A&M's safeties.

Right now, I'll take Taurean Henderson over Courtney (but that could change). I really like Taurean.... seems like a good kid.

Pretty much what I'm saying is, if you step back and look, we have more talent across the board, BUT Leach is very good at utilizing all of his talent.
BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie
Scout Team

Postby LonghornFan68 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:25 pm

I'll take Reggie any day. He will go in the first day of the NFL draft.

I've got a sixpack with your name on it if that happens. Reggie is a solid QB but no way will he go in the first round. Early second, maybe.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:50 pm

I said "FIRST DAY" not first round.
BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie
Scout Team

Postby ThadFilms » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:01 pm

BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie wrote:I said "FIRST DAY" not first round.

I was going to point that out as well.
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LonghornFan68 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:01 pm

/\ Haha! You're right. My bad.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football