PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

An olive branch

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Dutch » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:49 am

PonyFanSweetie wrote:I know Robert and Katie also.

name dropper. I wish i knew people who ran message boards.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:54 am

Hoofbeat83 wrote:MM1965 reminds me of this movie i saw years ago as a kid. it had some peter sellers type character who didn't know the war was over (WWII perhaps?) and everyone kept telling him "the war is over" but he thought they were speaking a foreign language and kept on wanting to fight.

does anyone remember that movie? hadn't thought about it in years until i saw MM1965's post.
Just for the helluva it, I looked up the movie you're talking about. I think it's "Wake Me When the War is Over" starring Ken Berry (F-Troop), Eva Gabor (Green Acres), Werner Klemperer (Hogan's Heroes), Hans Conried (cartoon voice of Snidley Whiplash) and Jim Backus (Gilligan's Island/cartoon voice of Mr. Magoo). It was a TV movie broadcast in 1969.

Here's the www.imdb.com link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065194/
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby friarwolf » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:58 am

Of course they're nice to us - we aren't a threat to them. It's like having your older cousin play you in basketball. He's not going to rip you because he doesn't have to. He'll humor you and then pat you on the head and tell you "good job". It's the biggest insult you could ever be subjected to.
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby LonghornFan68 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:02 am

/\ Can't we all just get along? :D
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:03 am

friarwolf wrote:Of course they're nice to us - we aren't a threat to them. It's like having your older cousin play you in basketball. He's not going to rip you because he doesn't have to. He'll humor you and then pat you on the head and tell you "good job". It's the biggest insult you could ever be subjected to.
Thank you, friarwolf!

And if the rest of ya'll don't think that your 'new found friends' from Austin won't be laughing their a**es off at us come Sept. 17, then you need to get your heads checked.
MrMustang1965

Postby LonghornFan68 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:05 am

/\ Man, you just don't get it, do you? I've already stated I am a Longhorn fan first, but a SMU fan a close second. I would love to see the Ponies win every game. Again, if it makes you more secure to hate a phantom threat, then go ahead. However, I'll be the first at the games to buy you a beer in celebration and the first to buy you a beer to bury your woes.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:08 am

LonghornFan68 wrote:/\ Man, you just don't get it, do you? I've already stated I am a Longhorn fan first, but a SMU fan a close second. I would love to see the Ponies win every game. Again, if it makes you more secure to hate a phantom threat, then go ahead. However, I'll be the first at the games to buy you a beer in celebration and the first to buy you a beer to bury your woes.
Thanks...I'll check for hemlock.
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:15 am

MrMustang1965 wrote:And if the rest of ya'll don't think that your 'new found friends' from Austin won't be laughing their a**es off at us come Sept. 17, then you need to get your heads checked.

Who gives a rat's @ss whether they laugh at us? That's like worrying Bill Gates is laughing at you because you're not rich--not really worth the time.
jtstang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:18 am

jtstang wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:And if the rest of ya'll don't think that your 'new found friends' from Austin won't be laughing their a**es off at us come Sept. 17, then you need to get your heads checked.

Who gives a rat's @ss whether they laugh at us? That's like worrying Bill Gates is laughing at you because you're not rich--not really worth the time.
thank you, jt, for allowing me to see the error of my ways. You're right. Longhorn fans really aren't worth my time.
MrMustang1965

Postby DiamondM75 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:42 am

MrMustang1965 wrote:thank you, jt, for allowing me to see the error of my ways. You're right. Longhorn fans really aren't worth my time.

65, that is classic. I hope to meet you someday. Sometimes your wit and comments make my day.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby LonghornFan68 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:54 am

/\ That was witty? Wow, I'm out of touch.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:32 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:
Hoofbeat83 wrote:MM1965 reminds me of this movie i saw years ago as a kid. it had some peter sellers type character who didn't know the war was over (WWII perhaps?) and everyone kept telling him "the war is over" but he thought they were speaking a foreign language and kept on wanting to fight.

does anyone remember that movie? hadn't thought about it in years until i saw MM1965's post.
Just for the helluva it, I looked up the movie you're talking about. I think it's "Wake Me When the War is Over" starring Ken Berry (F-Troop), Eva Gabor (Green Acres), Werner Klemperer (Hogan's Heroes), Hans Conried (cartoon voice of Snidley Whiplash) and Jim Backus (Gilligan's Island/cartoon voice of Mr. Magoo). It was a TV movie broadcast in 1969.

Here's the www.imdb.com link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065194/

thanks! you're much better at googling than i. i couldn't find it.

that is definitely the movie.
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby PK » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:46 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:I just have a deep hatred for the U.T. Longhorns and its fans. There's a reason but I won't bore you with the details.
Time you set that deep feeling aside for awhile. I don't particularly love the longhorns myself, but I can get along with one of their fans without too much trouble. We need all the SMU fans we can get...even burnt orange ones...especially those that will bother to come to our games.
PK

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:04 pm

Well it is easy to offer an olive branch once you have pummeled your opponent.

Still, my experience has been SMU students have more in common with UT students than any other school in Texas; both are more urban, cosmopolitan and intelligent than their peers (sans Rice, their too brainy). Both have money, we simply have more per capita.

Give us 5 years of BCS membership and a committed administration and we could easily compete with anyone in the Big XII (Miami proves great city offsets small enrollment). I think in their hearts most astute UT and A&M fans know this and are quite happy with our current plight.
SoCal_Pony

Postby ponyte » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:09 pm

LonghornFan68 wrote:/\ Man, you just don't get it, do you? I've already stated I am a Longhorn fan first, but a SMU fan a close second. I would love to see the Ponies win every game. Again, if it makes you more secure to hate a phantom threat, then go ahead. However, I'll be the first at the games to buy you a beer in celebration and the first to buy you a beer to bury your woes.

OK. Everybody take a step back and a deep breath. Now LHF68 is offering to buy drinks all around. I am kinda warming to this guy. Lets see, MM65 is buying me a round and LHF68 is backing it up with a second. Shot, a fellow could end up having a pretty good time just posting on this site. :wink:
ponyte

PreviousNext

Return to Football