PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Attendance on Saturday

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Attendance on Saturday

Postby Eddie P » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:37 pm

Another brilliant post from Stallion, NOT!

I'm just going to refute some of the stupider things you say, Stallion. Consider it my role on this board. I won't argue with you on certain subjects where you appear to have a firm grasp of the subject matter. But when you talk out of your rear end like you are once again doing, I will speak up. I am your Bill O'Reilly...

Here's a break down of your beloved Tech's ticket prices for this season.

Texas Tech 2003

Opponents: SMU, Mew Mexico, Iowa St, Colorado

Price range:$10, $15, $25, $50, $50, $50, $50
(from worst to best seating)

Opponent: Oklahoma

Price Range:$45,$45, $45, $50, $50, $50, $50

Opponent: Texas A&M

Price Range:$75, $75, $75, $75, $75, $75, $75

I guess those people in Tech are just as inept as our own SMU Athletic Department. I guess they too are just out to milk every cent out of every interesting game...

[This message has been edited by Eddie P (edited 09-19-2003).]

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:45 pm

Oh, god...please don't compare yourself to that [deleted]/Connecticut Yankee Bill O'Reilly. Name someone else...PLEASE!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:48 pm

FACT: I bought my tickets from the Texas Tech office for an away game for $22 for 2-probably there was a processing fee over the telephone. FACT: The TCU fan said he bought his tickets for $36 dollars PER TICKET(or $72) for an away game which I'm assuming were in the TCU away section since he bought at TCU. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Apples and oranges? I'm talking about the price charged by Tech and SMU to sit in the visiting teams section.

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 09-19-2003).]
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Eddie P » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:48 pm

Sorry, Mr. Mustang. In the past, Stallion proclaimed himself the "Bill O'Reilly" of this board. I think it fits rather nicely, actually. Although I think Mr. O'Reilly does a better job about coming up with different thoughts and viewpoints rather than ranting about the same thing ad nauseum week after week. This is what we call: redundant.

[This message has been edited by Eddie P (edited 09-19-2003).]

Postby Eddie P » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:58 pm

From Stallion:

"yeah I think that's too much for a game that can't even draw 30,000. The most freshing news I've had in awhile was when Tech only charged what $22 for 2 tickets in Lubbock. That's a pretty big descrepancy between Tech who really wants to fill up the stadium and SMU who is trying to milk every cent it can out of one of the few interesting games of the year BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS SO INEPT THAT THE REST OF THE GAMES (except OSU)ARE UNAPPEALING TO ITS FANS>"

Oh, I'm sorry. What exactly were you trying convey with this post? I must have misunderstood. I thought you were stating that because SMU charges more money for "one of the few interesting games of the year" then that constituted SMU trying to "milk every cent" out of the game. You used Tech charging you $22 for two tickets (albeit, to one of their least interesting games) to the SMU game as support for your charge. You then climaxed with how inept SMU was for doing this. Is my reasoning flawed?

Postby Stallion » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:23 pm

Yes-SMU/TCU ain't worth $36 per seat. What did Baylor charge us? $ 22. AND guess what both those game will outdraw the SMU/TCU game. With the product SMU is putting on the field YOU WILL find out that seeing an SMU game ain't worth $5.00. Which is more than a scalper could sell a ticket to the remainder of the SMU season's football games.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Johnny Rock » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:41 pm

Hey fellas...remember, we are all on the same team here. Johnny loves the discussion but we must be united as a group. Johnny would like for President Turner and Copeland to have an answer and question forum for all that want to attend. They owe us that. Then we could all express our concerns to the guys that have direct input into SMU athletics. Eddie P...get this done. Bennett has his coffee and donuts before the home games...Turner and/or Copeland should have something like that as well. Keep up the enthusiasm for the Mustangs. Johnny will see everyone at the game. Johnny encourages all my fellow Mustangs to find me and say hello.
Johnny Rock

Postby Eddie P » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:47 pm

I want to apologize to the entire board for misinterpreting Stallion's post. Apparently, this is an issue about scalpers and how succesfull they will be at selling season tickets for $5. I am truly sorry. In an effort to mend bridges with you, Stallion, I have decided to sing you a song. It's an old chestnut, but a favorite of mine:

Whoa-oh-oh, do that to me one more time
Once is never enough with a man like you
Do that to me one more time
I can never get enough of a man like you..

Whoa-oh-oh, baby, do that to me once again
Whoa-oh-ho-oh-oh-oh, baby, do that to me one more time
(Do it again)
One more time
(Do it again)
One more time
(Do it again)

Previous

Return to Football