PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cookies Anyone?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cookies Anyone?

Postby ponyboy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:19 pm

Well, if you want to go that way the answer is clear. The university should arrest those who attempt to bring violence to a non-violent protest. The students had every right to make their point the way they made it. I found it clever. And, yes, I would still find it so even if I disagreed with them.
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Spaz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:21 pm

I bought one of the cookies...
I wasn't supporting the cause, I didn't even know there was a cause, I was just hungry.....
Who says no to a cookie, honestly?
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby PerunaPunch » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:29 pm

It's a shame really. Whatever side of the political fence you're on. Well meaning programs like Affirmative Action, whose objectives were to unite, end up being devisive. And I hope these kids were well intentioned by their (not too well thought out) demonstration of "All men are created equal" – oops, there I go being sexist.

Maybe I better just shut up and get offline before I offend someone.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:05 pm

where would you like the university to draw the line? the first injury? the smallest demonstrations can turn violent and it was right for them to shut it down before it got out of control.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:42 am

It would tell those acting violent to cool it and back off or face discipline. That's what police are for to protect your rights when someone is threatening you with physical violence. Instead, they tell the folks protesting to stop, because well someone got mad at you. That is just plain backwards. Now, kids will think that its okay to bully someone to get their way. I guess creatine sales will go up near campus.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:44 pm

Ah geez. No comment.

Today's football schedule will have me vomiting by day's end. It's horrible. Even the Gators, once exciting to watch, have been turned into a middle of the pack underachieving SEC team by Zook. Goes to show you just how important coaching and gameplan strategy is.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football