PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Guess who's a finalist for the UGA AD job?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Guess who's a finalist for the UGA AD job?

Postby Corso » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:37 am

Say, just for the sake of argument, that it was Copeland instead of Hyman who was up for the Georgia job. I might check in with PonyFans.com to see what other PonyFans thought of his possible departure. But I sure as hell wouldn't be logging on to FrogFans.com (or whatever the name is of TCU's equivilent of this site) to see what THEY think about Copeland leaving. I generally try to steer clear of Frog bashing, because frankly, I want the rivalry to resume and be competitive in all sports. But Frog fans, this is sad. Hyman's staying in Fort Worth. Why on earth would you care what SMU fans think about whether or not he stays or goes? Frankly, I doubt many of us would care if Patterson or Dougherty left, much less the suit who signs their paychecks. We want to beat TCU, TCU wants to beat us. Did Frog fans really revel in your victory over SMU this year by thinking "we really stuck it to that Copeland guy, because our AD is better?" It just doesn't matter, and I can't believe y'all are losing this much sleep over the opinions of SMU fans.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football