PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rick Hart statement re: Chad Morris, football coach position

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Rick Hart statement re: Chad Morris, football coach posi

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 pm

Well, either way, this is probably going to be a very bad bowl game for us. With Chad not there, it will look even more like he was the critical piece.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby b_caesar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:25 pm

SMU Section F wrote:
FWMustang wrote:I almost hate bring up that another coach has come and gone and still no IPF.

Too soon?

At least our next head coach can't realistically expect us to actually build one now... so maybe we're off the hook?

Oh, I think we can expect to see some actual movement on the IPF within the next several weeks. Have heard reports of the parking area between the pool and soccer field being taken off line for construction prep starting some time over the holiday break - and all those parking spaces will be going away permanently - we've got plenty of campus parking otherwise, right? And since we have a nice, shiny new indoor Olympic-sized pool with platforms, the outdoor pool and surrounding area will be demoed by that project, too.
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby oilpony » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:27 pm

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Geez
oilpony
All-American

Postby SMU Section F » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:27 pm

b_caesar wrote:
SMU Section F wrote:
FWMustang wrote:I almost hate bring up that another coach has come and gone and still no IPF.

Too soon?

At least our next head coach can't realistically expect us to actually build one now... so maybe we're off the hook?

Oh, I think we can expect to see some actual movement on the IPF within the next several weeks. Have heard reports of the parking area between the pool and soccer field being taken off line for construction prep starting some time over the holiday break - and all those parking spaces will be going away permanently - we've got plenty of campus parking otherwise, right? And since we have a nice, shiny new indoor Olympic-sized pool with platforms, the outdoor pool and surrounding area will be demoed by that project, too.

At this point, I will not believe an IPF exists until I'm literally standing inside of it. I'd advise future head coaches to feel the same way.

Hope you're right though.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 pm

b_caesar wrote:
SMU Section F wrote:

Too soon?

Probably for the world's largest fountain..
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smitty329 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Hoop Fan wrote:Its not as if the new coach would actually coach the bowl game anyway. That wouldn't be fair to him or this year's seniors/team. You let Traylor, Craddock and Malone do their collective best to end this season on a proud note and that's it, move down the road. Only rush is recruiting, when we hire a new guy, he can watch the bowl game on his iphone while he is out recruiting!

I would hope the recruits all have VIP Passes to the bowl game - could be the largest crowd to support SMU football in a while - and I hope we are not going to re-create the fun-zone on the Stage at the end of the stadium so all the seats appear to be empty.
smitty329
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:43 pm

SMU Section F wrote:
mustangxc wrote:
MV pony wrote:Collective vision to establish SMU as a premier program in the AAC. Wonderful. Half the AAC is in the bottom 20. No vision beyond the AAC? Vomit.

Three AAC teams were in the Top 25, it is the premiere Group of 5 conference, and landed a spot in a NY6 bowl. Not sure what else you want for now.

I would sell my soul to be on the level of Houston in 2015 or UCF this year... Temple, Memphis, and USF haven't done half bad for themselves either.

Noted
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:44 pm

mtrout wrote:
geno wrote:"Each and every day Chad put on the pony..." What a Rick Hart way to put it. Looks like Chad "took off the pony" pretty quickly, doesn't it?

Seriously. What's with all this pony stuff? We are Mustangs! Everything gives off the air of 5 year old girls talking about ponies.

Pony Ears!
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:52 pm

smitty329 wrote:
Hoop Fan wrote:Its not as if the new coach would actually coach the bowl game anyway. That wouldn't be fair to him or this year's seniors/team. You let Traylor, Craddock and Malone do their collective best to end this season on a proud note and that's it, move down the road. Only rush is recruiting, when we hire a new guy, he can watch the bowl game on his iphone while he is out recruiting!

I would hope the recruits all have VIP Passes to the bowl game - could be the largest crowd to support SMU football in a while - and I hope we are not going to re-create the fun-zone on the Stage at the end of the stadium so all the seats appear to be empty.

I'm going to take bets that we are going to have a weak turnout. I've had a few friends say they're not on the fence about buying fairly expensive tickets to see LA tech against us with an interim coach. Hopefully that's just on my side and not for others but since we've only sold 2k (50%) of the allotment, I'm thinking it's a pervasive issue.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyte » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:53 pm

mrydel wrote:Come on. You know good and well they have been putting out feelers for weeks.

Are you talking about SMU or Democrat politicians?
ponyte

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:54 pm

ponyte wrote:
mrydel wrote:Come on. You know good and well they have been putting out feelers for weeks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 pm

And recieving inquiries.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:59 pm

ponyte wrote:

And Hollywood
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Boston Pony » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:07 pm

And Alabama GOP Candidates for Senate.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby smitty329 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
smitty329 wrote:

I'm going to take bets that we are going to have a weak turnout. I've had a few friends say they're not on the fence about buying fairly expensive tickets to see LA tech against us with an interim coach. Hopefully that's just on my side and not for others but since we've only sold 2k (50%) of the allotment, I'm thinking it's a pervasive issue.

Yeah, I hear you - it's only been 5 years and the 4th time in the last 30 or so years our football team has played after November. The weather may be bad then too. So we are going to screw guys who have been working hard this year. Wah Wah Wah Eeeeeeyorrrrrrre. Sounds like your friends are "putting on the Donkey" vs. the Pony!
smitty329
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football