PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Transferring Out

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Transferring Out

Postby Glenn Sosbee » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:35 am

Life is rough sometimes. These guys are paid now for having the privilege of getting to play college football and the opportunity to get an education at one of the finest universities in the country.
Nut up and Shut up or go be an unappreciative whiner somewhere else. Let someone else coddle them.
Pony P-1
Glenn Sosbee
All-American

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:We'll see who plays and who doesn't. I would like to think guys would be discussing their status with their coaches and that they would work together so the players can get the most out of their collegiate careers. None of the SMU players mentioned will be playing after their college eligibility expires. Some might actually be forward thinking enough to concern themselves about what school they want to earn a degree from, what they want to do with their lives after football and what school can best help prepare them for that.

Wise advice CP, i hope someone close is advising them

Funny thing is, i thought it would be completely opposite. Marginal players wanting to hang around & collect SMU stipends + NIL $$$
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:54 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:We'll see who plays and who doesn't. I would like to think guys would be discussing their status with their coaches and that they would work together so the players can get the most out of their collegiate careers. None of the SMU players mentioned will be playing after their college eligibility expires. Some might actually be forward thinking enough to concern themselves about what school they want to earn a degree from, what they want to do with their lives after football and what school can best help prepare them for that.

Wise advice CP, i hope someone close is advising them

Funny thing is, i thought it would be completely opposite. Marginal players wanting to hang around & collect SMU stipends + NIL $$$

Players want to play and sometimes they get recruited over. If Lashleee & Co want to build a roster that can compete at a Top 25 level, there are going to be some bruised egos
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyboy » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:04 pm

Glenn Sosbee wrote:Life is rough sometimes. These guys are paid now for having the privilege of getting to play college football and the opportunity to get an education at one of the finest universities in the country.
Nut up and Shut up or go be an unappreciative whiner somewhere else. Let someone else coddle them.

Lol.
ponyboy

Transferring Out

Postby geezerdonk » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:35 pm

"one of the finest universities in the country"

Double LOL

The Harvard of the South :lol: :lol:
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby PonyPride » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:06 pm

Freshman cornerback Jayden Lawton announced on instagram that he intends to sit out the remainder of the season with the intent of entering the transfer portal.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/

threads.com/ponyfans_staff
PonyPride

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:56 am

PonyPride wrote:Freshman cornerback Jayden Lawton announced on instagram that he intends to sit out the remainder of the season with the intent of entering the transfer portal.

Has he even appeared in a game yet? No problem preserving his RS and hopefully he can find a school that's right for him and where he can get some playing time
Charleston Pony

Postby DC-Pony » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:14 am

A school like, SMU, for instance, that has two senior CBs that will be departing after this year and leaving playing time for others.

I mean, give it a minute. Watch and learn. Freshman will get plenty of time ultimately. I worry what kind of guidance players receive from their inner circle that prompts them to depart for a destination unknown with certainty of playing time being no better there than it is right now here.
DC-Pony
Varsity

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:32 am

Charleston Pony wrote:
PonyPride wrote:Freshman cornerback Jayden Lawton announced on instagram that he intends to sit out the remainder of the season with the intent of entering the transfer portal.

Has he even appeared in a game yet? No problem preserving his RS and hopefully he can find a school that's right for him and where he can get some playing time

I read somewhere that he played a bit against UNT and Lamar.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:59 pm

As mentioned somewhere else in this thread - it is not all about Football. He could love the team, love the coaches, and love SMU, but still want to transfer.

Academics, eligibility, intended major (or lack of), location, family, etc can all come into play with these choices.

At least our starting Quarterback is not leaving to join a rock band (which is what occurred in the past for those too young to remember the Mike Cavan/Phil Bennett years).

Good luck to Jaden -wish him nothing but the best!
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:46 pm

Kelan Luker on bass for SubmerseD's top single. Vintage 2004. Now QB coach at Stephenville HS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHYjPKflOU8
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyPower » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:07 pm

DC-Pony wrote:A school like, SMU, for instance, that has two senior CBs that will be departing after this year and leaving playing time for others.

I mean, give it a minute. Watch and learn. Freshman will get plenty of time ultimately. I worry what kind of guidance players receive from their inner circle that prompts them to depart for a destination unknown with certainty of playing time being no better there than it is right now here.

The ones who offer the all-important "upside" (Rogers, Hall, Davis, etc.) are underclassmen, but we need an upgrade and a major infusion of depth. I was hoping Lawton would be a part of that.
Good luck down the road.
PonyPower
All-American

Previous

Return to Football