PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

5 wins=is a reach,4 wins=we should,3 wins=we better or else.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby MizterTea » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:26 pm

Since we already know the Baylor-SMU game is a pillow fight, how's this for analysis:

The kid wearing Baylor green is losing... to a girl !

:o :D :P
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby BaldingBear » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:43 pm

That girl looks like Michelle Wie. :lol: She has beaten alot of guys lately hasn't she?
Baylor University-Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas
BaldingBear

Postby LTBear » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:05 pm

I'm as big a Bear fan as there is, and I think this game could be close, or could be a one-sided game for the Bears. If (IF!) Baylor plays to the full of its potential, the Bears should come out with a win with room to spare. :D That's not a knock on SMU, but Baylor has simply made better strides in the past few years than SMU. Playing in the Big XII, beating A&M 8) , and generally being on the rise in other athletics has helped a lot. :P

However, we have a bad habit of messing up in early games. :? Personally, after looking at this team's practice and talking with coaches, I don't believe that will happen this year. But it could. Like someone else said, if SMU gets off to a quick start, this could be scary for us Bear fans. :shock: But I'm looking forward to a good game with a familiar rival.

Sic 'em.
Baylor vs. SMU. It's not just a game. It's Holy War.
LTBear
Recruit

Postby BrianTinBigD » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:36 pm

It's official. I am betting the Bears and the points. Their girls basketball team is better than ours. I am sure the guys in Vegas will build this into the line.

Also, does anyone know how the Sagarin poll blends in the Rowing, Equestrian, and Cross Country strength of schedule. I am pretty sure that I have the appropriate European car import factor of .13 and the uplift in coed hotness ratio of 1.347 but it still asppears that both football teams still SUCK!!! and this game is still a matchup of the worst team in the Big 12 and an SMU team that has won 6 games in 3 years.
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Postby LTBear » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:59 pm

Yes, but we suck little enough to beat A&M nowadays. :D
LTBear
Recruit

Postby Peruna88 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:12 pm

LTBear wrote:Yes, but we suck little enough to beat A&M nowadays. :D

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :wink:
Peruna88
All-American

Postby LTBear » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:29 pm

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Even a crippled Bear could eat a pony. :wink:
LTBear
Recruit

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:21 pm

LTBear wrote:Yes, but we suck little enough to beat A&M nowadays. :D
:roll: Oh, please...
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:25 am

Actually, there is one animal bears fear and that's a horse. Back in the annals of SMU history, a not so bright Baylor Bear handler thought it would be funny to get the bear close to Peruna to scare the horse. Peruna lazily got up on his hind legs. The Bear cut and ran and they had to stop the game for 30 minutes to catch the bear.
EastStang

Postby Dooby » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:26 am

One word-tedious.

I will never understand what possesses a fan of some team to go on to a message board of another team, whether pro or college, and talk smack. I don't even read other teams boards and wouldn't waste the time trying to find doesabaylorbear$hitinthewoods.com or whatever the hell it is.

The only thing it proves is that the Wacco faithful have time between surveying their compounds, building new bunkbeds and scoping their rifles to log on to the "inner-net" using their 56k modems and type messages using their index fingers. After which they will go back to researching bomb recipes and how to place judgment liens against the IRS for the taxes they didn't have to pay anyway.

I say they are typing with their fingers, but in all likelihood, we are talking about nubs left over from who knows what industrial accident or perhaps an ill advised hunting fiasco.

I think the Baylor faithful's confidence is amusing. Does anyone really think there are UT alums posting on the Louisiana-Lafayette message board? Or that there are Florida State fans on the Citadel message board right now? No. Fact is rednecks, if you really thought you were going to win, you wouldn't be here.

Let me speak in a language you can understand. "Kiss my grits."
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:36 am

Nice, Dooby. Nice.

I don't think those Bear fans will be online for awhile...they're all standing in line for advance tickets to the "Dukes of Hazzard" movie!
MrMustang1965

Postby LTBear » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:34 pm

I'm not talking smack. If you consider my stupid wise0cracks "smack," then grow up.

What could possess the fans of another team to come to a different team's boards? Wanting to chat about the upcoming game maybe? Wanting to just talk football? Wanting to talk with the fans of another team, whom said poster happens to root for in all of their games, save 1? All of the above.
LTBear
Recruit

Postby Dooby » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:35 pm

The first Baylor guy in this thread post was "Baylor wins 35 - 14." Wow. Deep thoughts. Yours was only slightly better, "I would love to play's schedule but for football only. Think your guys can catch Zig or tackle Mosley? If you think this is the BU team of 03' your in for a bad night. 42-27 BU. P.S. Zig em." Putting aside the fact that the first sentence doesn't actually make sense, I am impressed with your insight. :roll: Like the Blogger said, Mossley, Bell and Zig Zigler put together one good game; you should hold off before giving them All Big XII honors.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LTBear » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:15 pm

?????
I didn't post the quote you just attributed to me. That was a different poster. Good job.
LTBear
Recruit

Postby jtstang » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:21 pm

LTBear wrote:?????
I didn't post the quote you just attributed to me. That was a different poster. Good job.

Sorry, you Baptists all look alike from the bar and the dance floor--far away.
jtstang

PreviousNext

Return to Football