PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

An olive branch

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:14 pm

ponyte wrote:
LonghornFan68 wrote:/\ Man, you just don't get it, do you? I've already stated I am a Longhorn fan first, but a SMU fan a close second. I would love to see the Ponies win every game. Again, if it makes you more secure to hate a phantom threat, then go ahead. However, I'll be the first at the games to buy you a beer in celebration and the first to buy you a beer to bury your woes.

OK. Everybody take a step back and a deep breath. Now LHF68 is offering to buy drinks all around. I am kinda warming to this guy. Lets see, MM65 is buying me a round and LHF68 is backing it up with a second. Shot, a fellow could end up having a pretty good time just posting on this site. :wink:
hey, ponyte: i buy only the best FOR the best! :wink: you'll be throwin' rocks at whatever he's offerin'...
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyFanSweetie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:22 pm

Everyone I know that is heading to the game on the 17th will be in red and blue and changing into burnt orange later that day. No horn fan I know of is going to cheer for atm over SMU.

I agree with LH68-can't we all just get along. You can cheer for more than one school as long as they aren't arch rivals or something.
PonyFanSweetie
Junior Varsity

Postby LonghornFan68 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:49 pm

No horn fan I know of is going to cheer for atm over SMU.

Amen to that.

MrMustang1965, did you get tickle-tortured by some Longhorn fans when you were 6? Man you need to lighten up.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby jtstang » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:51 pm

LonghornFan68 wrote:MrMustang1965, did you get tickle-tortured by some Longhorn fans when you were 6? Man you need to lighten up.

No kidding, that dude needs to take some 'ludes. Cute kid, by the way. I really believe he would devour my soul...if I had one...
jtstang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:10 pm

LonghornFan68 wrote:
No horn fan I know of is going to cheer for atm over SMU.
MrMustang1965, did you get tickle-tortured by some Longhorn fans when you were 6? Man you need to lighten up.
You got the age correct but you are so far off-base on what really happened.

Make all the jokes/cracks that you like...but I hope that cute kid of yours in your sig never has to endure from anyone what I did from several of UT's 'fans'. Mull that over in your mind for awhile.
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:53 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:Make all the jokes/cracks that you like...but I hope that cute kid of yours in your sig never has to endure from anyone what I did from several of UT's 'fans'. Mull that over in your mind for awhile.

Jeez, what'd they do? Throw a bucket of Bevo crap on you? I don't even remember when I was six, much less how many bullies beat me up.
jtstang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:07 pm

jtstang wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:Make all the jokes/cracks that you like...but I hope that cute kid of yours in your sig never has to endure from anyone what I did from several of UT's 'fans'. Mull that over in your mind for awhile.

Jeez, what'd they do? Throw a bucket of Bevo crap on you? I don't even remember when I was six, much less how many bullies beat me up.
You're right, you have no soul. Dig a little deeper into that perverted mind of yours. What happened is not a joking matter.
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:13 pm

If somebody guesses will you 'fess up?
jtstang

Postby Stallion » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:17 pm

scenes from Deliverance flash through the mind.
Stallion

Postby DiamondM75 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:18 pm

My guess is that it was a group of UT coeds that stole his virginity without his permission. Right 65?
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:21 pm

jtstang wrote:If somebody guesses will you 'fess up?
See? You still consider it a 'joke'. You're pathetic.

The persons who need to 'fess up' are the ones who did it. I hope that they're already rotting in hell or soon will be.

Next subject, please.
MrMustang1965

Postby jtstang » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:24 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:The persons who need to 'fess up' are the ones who did it. I hope that they're already rotting in hell or soon will be.

The persons WHO DID WHAT??

Hey, you're the one who brought this up for general edification on this board. If you're that touchy about it, probably not the best place interject it. Besides, you look like you'd gotten over it by the time that SMU chick was licking your face in the picture.
jtstang

Postby LonghornFan68 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:29 pm

BTW, just so everyone knows, that's not my kid. Just a very funny picture I found.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby ThadFilms » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:12 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:hey, ponyte: i buy only the best FOR the best! :wink: you'll be throwin' rocks at whatever he's offerin'...

You know, MM65, I've known you for a couple years, and really never had any bone to pick with you... I enjoy your constant optimism... Sometimes you go too far when you lash out, but your quickly realize your error, so it's never bothered me too much, and sometimes not all.

I have to call you on this one.

LonghornFan68 has been a close friend of mine for 12 years. We attended Jesuit College Prep. here in Dallas together. To blame him an all other Longhorns for whatever might have happened is truly off base. It's like saying you'd never move to Dallas because "Dallas killed the President."

I had some rough stuff happen to me in childhood. Stuff that most people couldn't forgive... but I did. Because it would cause me pain if I still cared. Maybe something truly awful did happen to you, but I'm sure it wasn't an edict coming from the University.

I wasn't going to jump in and argue for my buddy on this thread because I know he can fend for himself... and hell, he's coming here as a fan. I talk more SMU football with him then anyone else I know. In fact none (zero, nada) of my friends who went SMU are even a fan of SMU. (Obviously, MM65 has gone over the top and I had to say something.)

Just a note, LonghornFan68's handle comes from his beloved 1968 Ford Mustang. I think he spent more time fixing that thing in high school than he did driving it. He still owns it, even though it just sits as beacon of bygone years out in front of his house.

I have no problems with UT. The fact that my Dad tought there before teaching at SMU certainly has a lot to do with it. And never before would I admit to such a thing before, but I like going to the games, and I like it more when they win... sixth street will be packed regardless, but folks drinking to celebrate are always better company than folks drinking to forget.

I really do like most of the people I have met at the HornFan's tailgates. And hell, I have such a great memory of hanging out at the Horn fans tailgate after one game, and folks yelling out the score update everytime the ESPN scroll updated the SMU @ Nevada game.

And back to your quote MM65, LHF68's the kind of guy who would not only offer you a drink but have a whole keg waiting, then offer you the bed after you've had too much. "Don't worry about it, man, I never get a chance to sleep on the couch."

You know what? I'm calling it right now... Should SMU upset the Aggies... Party at LonghornFan68's house in Austin (of course that would take place following the conclusion on the UT v. Rice game that evening... he and I are attending both). I don't believe I am overstepping my bounds at all here, because I will we his housemate by that point (well, of course his fiance might have something to say about it... and that will probably be "sure").

Just a note on the photo. I do not own a cowboy hat and have never worn one for more than a five minute period. The hat I am wearing belongs to my friend Avram. The beer I am holding was given to me by friend Bill's older brother (a tender of bar at Emo's... Bill's a buddy from SMU). The shirt I am wearing celebrates a favorite bar of my brother's in Colorado. And the band I am cheering on? The Death Ray Davies, whose bas player at the time - Lindsey - was a girl Bill and I knew from film school. It's a circle of life.

Photo taken April of '01.
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby oakley » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:04 pm

Freak show -

oakley
Junior Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football