PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Do the SMU coaches think we have a chance against Baylor?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Do the SMU coaches think we have a chance against Baylor

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:If I have a daughter, she's going to Baylor and not SMU. No questions asked.

Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby whitwiki » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 am

Big12Mustang wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:If I have a daughter, she's going to Baylor and not SMU. No questions asked.

Haha I totally get it.
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby jkflamebo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:
Stallion wrote:hasn't SMU lost their last 2 trips to Denton. I'm not going to predict a defeat right now but anyone thinking that is going to be a roll-over doesn't know jack :lol:

Yep. with Forrest Gregg and Phil Bennett. All time series is 28-4.

We will crush UNT with fury.

Do you know anything about SMU football under June? Please advise. June should be gone after we lose this game.
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:18 pm

jkflamebo wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:
Stallion wrote:hasn't SMU lost their last 2 trips to Denton. I'm not going to predict a defeat right now but anyone thinking that is going to be a roll-over doesn't know jack :lol:

Do you know anything about SMU football under June? Please advise. June should be gone after we lose this game.

Problem is he will not be gone even if we lose to UNT which will not happen. :cry:
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:19 pm

jkflamebo wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:

No, he's the most clueless and schizophrenic fan in the history of SMU. Or he's Cougar King still trolling us really hard.

One day June is a god, the next he sucks, the next he doesn't know, and 15 minutes later it changes again. Just ignore him.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby alamocitystang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
jkflamebo wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:[quote="Stallion"]hasn't SMU lost their last 2 trips to Denton. I'm not going to predict a defeat right now but anyone thinking that is going to be a roll-over doesn't know jack :lol:

No, he's the most clueless and schizophrenic fan in the history of SMU. Or he's Cougar King still trolling us really hard.

One day June is a god, the next he sucks, the next he doesn't know, and 15 minutes later it changes again. Just ignore him.[/quote]

Is he channeling all of us? Who was the guy that brought us back to bowl games? Who is the guy that can't recruit? As a fan, I will admit to being schizophrenic about the guy, but as long as he's here, I hope he does well even if my gut tells me otherwise...I guess others would rather spend the off-season taking shots at the team and, in some cases, hoping we lose 7 minimum so we can fire June.
alamocitystang
Varsity

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:54 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
jkflamebo wrote:Do you know anything about SMU football under June? Please advise. June should be gone after we lose this game.

One day June is a god, the next he sucks, the next he doesn't know, and 15 minutes later it changes again. Just ignore him.

I though we agreed to play nice...but I just realized you're just a bully behind a keyboard so I guess that won't be possible...

I don't have your ability to be a cold blooded hate machine against a coach that did a lot of things that were thought impossible in the hilltop. It is hard to be unbiased when talking about a program that I hold dear. The best way to describe it is this: I want SMU to do well, be it with or without June. If June does something right, I applaud him. If he messes up, I condemn him. I do not have a constant hate like you do. You are a hateful person and should probably get help.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Fan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:And it is more uncomfortable to criticize anonymously. Don't forget that part.

Not uncomfortable either way. Just caught me off guard. I will probably see him again soon. What would you suggest I say to him?

I think I would have agreed with him, and left it at that.
Pony Fan
Heisman

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Pencil it in.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Titleist627 wrote:Baylor fan here.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a season to start. Partly because it's the start of another season but mostly because of the new stadium opening.

June was on 104.9 The Horn in Austin this morning and said (paraphrased) "We are going to beat Baylor to start the season." Obviously he has to say that and everything but he sounded confident and wasn't sidestepping anything. Should be a fun game.

Hope to see a bunch of y'all like last season down in Waco on Aug. 31. Partying on the river will be legit. I was a big SMU hoops fan this season and hope y'all beat tcu every year. I can't stand those p*****s.

Wait, June was on the radio in Austin? I call BS. He never goes on the radio in Dallas.
CalallenStang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:07 pm

June has been upping his media and public profile recently, it seems.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Pony81 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 pm

JJ's agent Leigh Steinberg is out of rehab and doing his job of getting JJ some visibility so he can land another gig. Doesn't help Leigh if he retires to the islands.

No, what we are seeing is the JJ rehabilitation tour. QB guru, didn't have a chance to win because [deleted] ant SMU isn't behind the program. College AD's are on to him . He is angling for an NFL front office job.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby couch 'em » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 pm

We lost to tulane. Very real chance we lose to UNT considering we will likely be weaker and UNT is better than Tulane by far.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby 03Mustang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 pm

We'll be 0-4 in out of conference, even if we miraculously drop Baylor and play Montana State again.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby dr rc » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:27 am

couch 'em wrote:We lost to tulane. Very real chance we lose to UNT considering we will likely be weaker and UNT is better than Tulane by far.

UNT is so much better than Tulane that they lost to them last year 24-21 :lol:

Dunno if y'all missd it due to the conference switch but Tulane is rapidly improving under HC Curtis Johnson.
dr rc
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football