PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why Chad Morris is one of country’s top new hires

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Why Chad Morris is one of country’s top new hires

Postby ponyuppete » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Hart knocked it out of the park with this hire. that being said as much as it pains me to say it i think Houston made a great hire with Herman as well. Really glad we came away with Chad, but honestly i think it will be us and Houston competing for the West Division a lot in the near future
ponyuppete
Recruit

Re: Why Chad Morris is one of country’s top new hires

Postby sbsmith » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:40 pm

NTXCoog wrote:Go ahead and congratulate yourself on what you think is the "potential" championship, but until you win a conference championship or finish ranked, potential doesn't mean anything. You haven't done either in 30 years. You haven't even won more than 8 games in 30 years. UH fired its coach this year after winning 8 games. UH has won conference championships, been ranked, has higher attendance, and built a newer larger stadium.

If SMU has a higher potential (which I'd disagree), you aren't very far along in reaching it. UH is MUCH closer to reaching its potential and a higher probability of getting there. OTOH SMU has MUCH more potential for growth because it can't go down much more.

Somebody get this guy a medal
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football