PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Impressive Crowd at Spring Game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Impressive Crowd at Spring Game

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:21 am

We were blown away by the crowd. I was expecting 2,000 at the most. I'd say there were at least 5,500 people there. Incredible considering we are coming off a 1 win season.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:07 am

Most of the game, I was standing in an entranceway to get out of the sun but still see the game. It was a great spot to hear what the tons of recruits had to say. I heard over and over again, "wow, nice crowd." Lots of positive comments -- the only negative thing I heard was when they introduced the bball team, one football prospect said "what did they do?" Meaning, of course, that losing in the first round of the Dance means you don't celebrate anything.
ponyboy

Postby fifty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:17 am

Annoying... What did they do? Won the conference regular season and the conf tournament.

Arguably the most legitimate sports achievement in the past ~5 years here.
fifty
Heisman

Postby PonyFan32 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:30 am

fifty wrote:Arguably the most legitimate sports achievement in the past ~5 years here.

Yeah... we're trying to keep that part quiet :wink:
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby PonyFan32 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 am

The funniest thing to me is that even though Chad says "football is what I do, not who I am" based on his work up to this point you could be forgiven for being confused and thinking football is who he is, not what he does.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 am

fifty wrote:Annoying... What did they do? Won the conference regular season and the conf tournament.

more like 20+ years
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 am

StallionsModelT wrote:We were blown away by the crowd. I was expecting 2,000 at the most. I'd say there were at least 5,500 people there. Incredible considering we are coming off a 1 win season.

I estimated 6,000 about the time the game started. Everybody had on either red, white or blue and it looked great. Much better than any "color-out" ever attempted. (People know what to wear... quit trying to tell them... and don't try that lame "white out" BS for the Baylor game) I know there were a lot of activities on campus, as well... but it was pretty cool to see a huge traffic jam on Mockingbird after the game.
Bergermeister

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Stallion wrote:
fifty wrote:Annoying... What did they do? Won the conference regular season and the conf tournament.

more like 20+ years

Actually 30 years, but who's counting.
SoCal_Pony

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:We were blown away by the crowd. I was expecting 2,000 at the most. I'd say there were at least 5,500 people there. Incredible considering we are coming off a 1 win season.

I estimated 6,000 about the time the game started. Everybody had on either red, white or blue and it looked great. Much better than any "color-out" ever attempted. (People know what to wear... quit trying to tell them... and don't try that lame "white out" BS for the Baylor game) I know there were a lot of activities on campus, as well... but it was pretty cool to see a huge traffic jam on Mockingbird after the game.

Really really really really really hope we don't try and do a white out for football again anytime soon. It's dumb and no one likes it.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:21 pm

If a kid isn't ready, or if they think he might not be ready, red shirt him. We're building a program here. We're not one or two pieces away from a 10 win season, we're trying not to be one of the most outscored teams of all time again.

I'd much rather have Wilds or Herndon be a staunch red shirt senior then waste them on 2 or 3 games his freshmen year. Unless they're gonna start, red [deleted] them.

This year will suck a lot at times, but we'll get there in a few years.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:22 pm

smupony94

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:45 pm

smupony94 wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/4/20/8449427/southern-methodist-football-2015-preview-schedule-roster

Good read.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony147 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:45 pm

smupony94 wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/4/20/8449427/southern-methodist-football-2015-preview-schedule-roster

Lost all credibility when it said the strength is the o-line
"[College] referees couldn't manage a White Castle." -Mark Cuban
Pony147
Heisman

Postby malonish » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:24 pm

"Potential/relative" strength. Doesn't mean it is.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JoeKidd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:36 am

Spring Game was very well put on I thought. Loved the music and beer/food trucks, bringing back in former letterman and the basketball team...just made everyone feel inclusive and like it was a party. With the positive attendance at the Spring Game I hope next year's home games reflect this as well.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football