PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

5 wins=is a reach,4 wins=we should,3 wins=we better or else.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Dooby » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:13 pm

LTBear wrote:?????
I didn't post the quote you just attributed to me. That was a different poster. Good job.

I am sorry, I was distracted. I was planning my next trip to Waco...on my way to Austin. I can't decide whether to stop and use the bathroom at the Chevron or the Circle K. The Chevron is cleaner, but the munchies are better at the Circle K. Hey, you know Waco, which do you recommend? I figure you would know since that is about all Waco is good for.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jtstang » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:21 pm

Skip it altogether--the Czech Stop in West is the place to stop.
jtstang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangkip » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:49 pm

You might try the Turkey Shop which served really good cafeteria style food and is near West, Texas.
Class of 83
mustangkip
Scout Team

Postby mustangkip » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:51 pm

LTBear wrote:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Even a crippled Bear could eat a pony. :wink:

No way. Even a healthy bear would not even be able to catch a wild mustang.
Class of 83
mustangkip
Scout Team

Postby ponydawg » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:02 pm

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Grider » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:26 pm

ponydawg wrote:Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

nice, also reminds me of this

http://www.rpgmp3.com/modules.php?name= ... [deleted]&lid=95
Grider
All-American

Postby BUTitan » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:26 pm

Dooby wrote:One word-tedious.

I will never understand what possesses a fan of some team to go on to a message board of another team, whether pro or college, and talk smack. I don't even read other teams boards and wouldn't waste the time trying to find doesabaylorbear$hitinthewoods.com or whatever the hell it is.

The only thing it proves is that the Wacco faithful have time between surveying their compounds, building new bunkbeds and scoping their rifles to log on to the "inner-net" using their 56k modems and type messages using their index fingers. After which they will go back to researching bomb recipes and how to place judgment liens against the IRS for the taxes they didn't have to pay anyway.

I say they are typing with their fingers, but in all likelihood, we are talking about nubs left over from who knows what industrial accident or perhaps an ill advised hunting fiasco.

I think the Baylor faithful's confidence is amusing. Does anyone really think there are UT alums posting on the Louisiana-Lafayette message board? Or that there are Florida State fans on the Citadel message board right now? No. Fact is rednecks, if you really thought you were going to win, you wouldn't be here.

Let me speak in a language you can understand. "Kiss my grits."

Oh,come on its just all fun and games.
BUTitan
Varsity

Postby OldPony » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:37 am

SMU must beat Baylor or we are looking at a 2 win season at best. I believe we will but 3 wins is still my guess. The team should be improved with fewer blowouts but it will not show up in the W-L record. This year will be one of intense pressure on Bennett. A top coach would pick up only 1 or possibly 2 more wins. I don't think Bennett falls in that category. I hope I am wrong but he hasn't shown much since his first full recruiting class and his on field strategy has been poor.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:20 pm

OldPony wrote:SMU must beat Baylor or we are looking at a 2 win season at best. I believe we will but 3 wins is still my guess. The team should be improved with fewer blowouts but it will not show up in the W-L record. This year will be one of intense pressure on Bennett. A top coach would pick up only 1 or possibly 2 more wins. I don't think Bennett falls in that category. I hope I am wrong but he hasn't shown much since his first full recruiting class and his on field strategy has been poor.

So for how long shoud we as fans/alumni have to put up with him as coach?
PonySnob

Postby OldPony » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:53 pm

One minute after Copeland is fired IF the new AD agrees. As far as I am concerned, he is a sightly less than average coach and Copeland giving him the extension was idiotic. No caoches should be fired until Copeland is fired though. We have been in a downward spiral with ever lessening goals since Copeland has been AD. In part, he was the victim but someone has to take responsibility at some point. MANY OF US HAVE LOST Jobs or put our [deleted] on the line for speaking the truth. You'll not catch Big Jim doing anything but kssing Turner's bu&& and toeing the company line which changes almost daily. Let's hear about The Commitment one more time.
Are there still those on this board who think Copeland is the right guy for SMU?
Even though I think we have had mediocre coaching since the DP except for Gregg, Rossley and Dement (I'm talking coaching not recruitng), all coaches should be given a free ride until Copeland is gone.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby PK » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:53 pm

Your choice Pony Snot...since none of us has the authority to can him, that is not one of your choices.
PK

Postby EastStang » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:17 pm

I, too have been less than impressed with Bennett's coaching performance for the last three years. I really believe we should not have gone 0-11. I am also troubled by the fact that summer camps have come and gone and we still have no verbals. That said, I think he needs to stay until his contract is over unless we have another 0fer year or unless the team quits on him. I think we'll see 4 or more wins this year. I think we can beat Baylor, ECU, Rice, and Tulsa. I expect closer games with TCU, UTEP than last year. UAB, Marshall, A&M, Tulane are going to be tough to win for us. Hopefully, we will not get blown out and will show improvement. If we win 5-6, it will be a very good year which shows how far we've fallen my friends. I want us to get back to the point where we expect 7-8 wins and are disappointed with 5-6 wins.
EastStang

Postby LTBear » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:03 pm

Dooby wrote:
LTBear wrote:?????
I didn't post the quote you just attributed to me. That was a different poster. Good job.

I am sorry, I was distracted. I was planning my next trip to Waco...on my way to Austin. I can't decide whether to stop and use the bathroom at the Chevron or the Circle K. The Chevron is cleaner, but the munchies are better at the Circle K. Hey, you know Waco, which do you recommend? I figure you would know since that is about all Waco is good for.

Dang, you're such a clever one.

In response to other posts, does the atmosphere at SMU seems as thought your coach will be tossed if things don't improve this year? I'm worried about us losing this game simply because of that motivation factor... beating us would be a great start for y'all, and set you on the right track.
Baylor vs. SMU. It's not just a game. It's Holy War.
LTBear
Recruit

Postby OldPony » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:41 pm

EaST-Any reason you think we cxan beat Rice? They have domionated us since Bennett's arrival. He seems to have no clud as to how to stop the option.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:03 pm

OldPony wrote:....... since Bennett's arrival. He seems to have no clud as to how to stop the option.

Not sure his defenses have been able to stop many offenses period the last 3 years!
PonySnob

PreviousNext

Return to Football