PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Future schedules updated

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:53 pm

Actually, Rick, I chose McAllen over Colorado Springs. Then again, I don't recall having attacked the aesthetics of San Marcos, Austin or any other erstwhile Bobcat locale. In fact, as I posted previously, I was responding to the line of posting which began with "I used to like SMU, now I don't, and they've sucked since the dp" or something to that effect.

Oh, and I'm guessing that you had similar things to say about Mission's Tom Landry back in the day. Oh wait, I know...he got to Austin as soon as he could, etc. etc.
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rick of BF.com » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:10 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Actually, Rick, I chose McAllen over Colorado Springs.

Crazy :shock: :cry: :? :shock:

Oh, and I'm guessing that you had similar things to say about Mission's Tom Landry back in the day. Oh wait, I know...he got to Austin as soon as he could, etc. etc.

I think Tom Landry went to Dallas, if I am not mistaken.

You made a comment about Texas State grads delivering pizza for a living and I found that funny from a guy in the valley. I never said Austin was the best city in the world cause it is not, but when your life takes you to RGV I just wouldn't make fun of pizza drivers.

But for the sake of arguing lets just say I will continue to deliver pizza to everyone in Austin with my degree. However you can bet I will quit Papa Johns before I get transferred to McAllen. Sometimes you just have to set standards.
Rick of BF.com

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:50 pm

TxSt02 wrote:Looks like the death penalty has treated you well... See you guys next year...

How the hell will you see us next year? You dont even face us! You never have and probably wont anytime soon.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby meangreen204 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:23 pm

Jeez, Texas State fans make Texas Tech fans look classy- and thats a word never I would have thought I would have said that about the 'sand aggys'

:lol:

burning crosses and mexican comments seem low brow even for a South Waste Texas grad/student/UT dropout...
meangreen204

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:02 pm

meangreen204 wrote:Jeez, Texas State fans make Texas Tech fans look classy- and thats a word never I would have thought I would have said that about the 'sand aggys'

:lol:

burning crosses and mexican comments seem low brow even for a South Waste Texas grad/student/UT dropout...

I didnt even know Texas State had a freakin football team till all these fans come on here acting like they've won something. Not like they've won the National Title or anything anytime recently.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Cat79 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:33 pm

Mustangs355MU.

You guys started it with the "Southland Junior College" remark. What do you expect from our fans when there are constant insults from SMU fans.

We have a good coach and team. David Bailiff (former D Coordinator at TCU) will have our team ready. We expect a winning season this year.

BTW, one of your offensive linemen transfered to Texas State. We would rather talk football with you guys than flame.

Most of our starting offensive line transfered from DI-A programs (Arizona, New Mexico, Air Force Academy). Our offensvie line coach was at SMU prior to Texas State.

We love our team and expect big things this year. Good luck to you guys
Cat79

Postby LonghornFan68 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:36 pm

/\ I think you failed to notice what the name of this website was. Last I checked it's a pro-SMU site, which seems to indicate that they would be allowed to talk smack about other schools at their leisure. Just a thought.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby jtstang » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:44 pm

Cat79 wrote:You guys started it with the "Southland Junior College" remark. What do you expect from our fans when there are constant insults from SMU fans.

I expect you to go post on a Southland Junior College board.
jtstang

Postby Cat79 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:48 pm

You should expect more smack talk with that type of response.
Cat79

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:48 pm

I think you got my reply from ^^ above

I find it funny that you guys are on here trying to smack talk us ya know.

You guys were 5-6 last year...in freakin DII...What do you think you would be in DI
Mustangs35SMU

Postby jtstang » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:53 pm

Cat79 wrote:You should expect more smack talk with that type of response.

Is that what you've been doing? Jeez, you can't even talk smack on a D-1 level. You must have an SJC degree with a major in weak communication, minor in intelligence.
jtstang

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:55 pm

jtstang wrote:Is that what you've been doing? Jeez, you can't even talk smack on a D-1 level. You must have an SJC degree with a major in weak communication, minor in intelligence.

Be careful now..JTStang...Those DII National Titles in 81 and 82 for them are pretty scary :lol:
Mustangs35SMU

Postby jtstang » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:00 pm

Well in fairness to the poor underachieving fellow, I also think people ought to graduate high school before they start trying to talk smack on one of these boards. So temper your enthusiasm accordingly. BTW, hasn't school started yet? Are you in internet lab all day?
jtstang

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:11 pm

Sorry that you feel that way, but "in fairness" I dont really care if you think I should talk smack on these boards or not.

And no school hasnt started yet. We start Thursday.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:51 pm

TxSt02 wrote:See you D Bags next year...

Ok really. Get this through your head. SMU is NOT playing you. How hard is it to get through your head that we're not playing next year.
Mustangs35SMU

PreviousNext

Return to Football