PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jeff Reinebold Ripping Chad Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jeff Reinebold Ripping Chad Morris

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 pm

I think I qualify as one of tiki’s biggest critics on this board.

I called for his removal during the ASU incident when a majority of you did not. I think people are misrepresenting tiki when they say, ‘after so-and-so event, he checked out’. Baloney, he never checked in. He was absolutely lousy at one of the 2 most important criteria for a college HC, recruiting. He was lazy and more importantly hired washed up lazy and ineffective recruiters.

Having said that. If you look at how many players have had any success whatsoever in the NFL over the past 30 years, give this man his due. He has placed plenty in the NFL. Just look at the Saints. Maybe more than everyone else combined???

I do not given CM credit for Sutton, he would have gone pro under any coach (maybe not Gregg).

My anger with tiki stems in part that he could have had real success here. Cue up Don Ho, it was never meant to be.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby orguy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 am

redpony wrote:mrydel.- with all due respect. you fail to mention that they destroyed the SWC. that action can never be forgiven by true SMU alums. I am glad they are now much richer that my alma mater. may they roast in hell for destroying a great conference. Broyles and coach lisp were as crooked as a pigs hind leg. No other team in the conference, even whorens and aggs, brought their own officials as often the the swine.
Just where is your allegiance?? SMU or in the hills of arky??"??"

Thank You. Very true.

Mrydel is a nice guy. Even Hogs can be nice guys but please forgive him. He is from
Hogville.
orguy
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:33 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:I think I qualify as one of tiki’s biggest critics on this board.

I called for his removal during the ASU incident when a majority of you did not. I think people are misrepresenting tiki when they say, ‘after so-and-so event, he checked out’. Baloney, he never checked in. He was absolutely lousy at one of the 2 most important criteria for a college HC, recruiting. He was lazy and more importantly hired washed up lazy and ineffective recruiters.

Having said that. If you look at how many players have had any success whatsoever in the NFL over the past 30 years, give this man his due. He has placed plenty in the NFL. Just look at the Saints. Maybe more than everyone else combined???

I do not given CM credit for Sutton, he would have gone pro under any coach (maybe not Gregg).

My anger with tiki stems in part that he could have had real success here. Cue up Don Ho, it was never meant to be.

Agree. I give JJ credit for some of the talent he was able to attract but fault him for his attitude which appeared to be that parents would want to send their kids to play for him so he didn't really have to go out and aggressively recruit. If he had put together a staff like Chad had and really pursued local talent, I really do think he could have taken this program to heights we have not known since the pre-death penalty days.
Charleston Pony

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:40 am

I give him credit for getting the leading receiver in the country in Trey Quinn.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:47 am

Chad got his share of transfers who have contributed, including OL & DL guys from P5 programs and remember that we still have a couple of QBs on the roster who could play key roles before their eligibility is up
Charleston Pony

Postby JoeKidd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:I think I qualify as one of tiki’s biggest critics on this board.

Saw Banjo with a pick last night off of Matty Ice.....very nice.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Chad got his share of transfers who have contributed, including OL & DL guys from P5 programs and remember that we still have a couple of QBs on the roster who could play key roles before their eligibility is up

Very true.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:31 am

Seems to be a lot of Morris detractors on here. I wish him well.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mustangxc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 am

Rebel10 wrote:Seems to be a lot of Morris detractors on here. I wish him well.

That’s because you’re a CM suck up!
mustangxc

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:45 am

Lol. At least he didn’t leave the program in shambles. Wish he had gone to Ole Miss but they have to wait for the sanctions to end.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mustangxc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 am

So you admit you are a CM suck up!
mustangxc

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am

I would not call myself a Chad Morris suck up but I am a realist when it comes to better life for someone and their family. I guess I envy those of you that have never changed jobs for betterment and stayed in one place all your lives.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby mustangxc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:12 am

Better life is relative to your personal preferences. I cannot blame someone for moving on to what he perceives as a better life. There are people like Gary Patterson who appreciate where they are and turn down richer contracts, higher attendance, better access to playoffs, etc. to stay in what they consider a better life where others would view moving on as a better life. To each his own. I am thankful that we have a better team than we did when he arrived.
mustangxc

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:21 am

But TCU paid Patterson the market rate for FBS Coaches-fending off P5 suitors for the last 2 decades including about 5-6 P5 schools when TCU was G5. Your argument only works if SMU matched Arkansas' 1.6 Million raise. SMU never offered Morris or his staff a substantial raise in the 3 years since he was hired.-they simply extended his contract. That's how employers lose Key Employees-treat them like [deleted]. I'm truly embarrassed for this school that these guys worked so hard for this university and were not recognized financially.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:27 am

He was always going to leave. G5 vs P5 has made that inevitable.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football