PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

David Moore

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: David Moore

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:18 pm

Thanks for posting Beaver Nation, good insight and consistent with what I had heard as well.

Have to say, for someone has highly rated as Moore is, I am quite happy with Mrydel's ruling today.

Thanks Myrdel, keep up the good work!!
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:23 pm

We appreciate your thoughts but are not looking for accolades, just doing our job.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:26 pm

mrydel wrote:We appreciate your thoughts but are not looking for accolades, just doing our job.

Humble as always (an excellent trait), but in this particular instance, the accolades are well deserved.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Arkpony » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Do called it!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Grant Carter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:50 pm

BeaverNation wrote:I'm an Oregon State fan, but I want to tell you all that you dodged a bullet with Moore.

In December 2014, we got a new coach (Gary Andersen). D. Moore was one of his first 2016 targets for OSU and offered Moore a scholarship. This was back pretty early in the recruiting cycle, so naturally you would expect a program to offer a few QB's, hoping one would eventually commit from the bunch. Well, Moore didn't like it, and threw a little tantrum on Twitter whenever OSU offered another QB. He would eventually delete the tweets, but people had seen them.
Oregon State still needed another QB to play for us Fall 2015, so we were still looking for a guy who could play right away. We went after a Wisconsin commit with no luck, but we ended up with a QB by the name of Seth Collins, who flipped from San Jose State and came to OSU within a matter of days to enroll early. David Moore had a fit about both the Wisconsin kid and Collins. He would tweet stuff about it and then delete it awhile later, but by then the damage had been done and it had been picked up by all the OSU fan sites, Rivals, etc. No one could understand why this 2016 recruit was flipping out about us needing a 2015 guy for Andersen's new offense. Moore wasn't even committed and had never even seen the campus yet...it was early in the process. Our QB's were depleted, we had several transfer, and we were switching from pro-style to a variation of the spread.
Eventually, OSU's coaches found out that Moore was a headcase and completely backed off of him. He took to Oregon's main newspaper, The Oregonian, to ask why he was not being pursued anymore. Apparently, from what I have heard, OSU completely dropped him because of his immaturity and the fact that he couldn't be trusted to lead a team.
So this entire time of his recruiting process, some of us fans have sat back and watched it unfold. He had a fit when SMU might have had some interest in getting transfer Trevor Knight. As of recent, we speculated all along that he would decommit from you guys, and we figured he'd pull this move right before signing day. As a QB you absolutely do NOT decommit right before signing day.

Good luck to you all and I hope you end up with a fantastic QB and you kick Memphis' butt on the field.

Fantastic stuff
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:57 pm

BeaverNation nailed it. What he just laid out in black and white is what many circles have been reporting. There will be times we go head-to-head with a school and lose. You tip your hat, do a shot, and move on. This was a case of needing someone to take him off our hands. Sucks we won't have a QB on NSD, but the events of the past week haven't led to this...
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:12 pm

If those stories are true, it kind of makes you wonder why he was a leader in the recruiting class.
JasonB

Postby mrydel » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Not trying to make a direct comparison, but Hitler recruited pretty well and some have rumored he was a little on the flakey side.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:42 pm

JasonB wrote:If those stories are true, it kind of makes you wonder why he was a leader in the recruiting class.

MAybe Coach Morris was unaware of what Beaver Nation said if it is even true. I would not question Coach Morris recruiting like that though.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby flockofseagulls » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:42 am

mrydel wrote:Not trying to make a direct comparison, but Hitler recruited pretty well and some have rumored he was a little on the flakey side.

this is fantastic.
@seagulls00
flockofseagulls
Junior Varsity

Postby gostangs » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:44 am

Whew - that was a close one. I thought we were going to get through 6 pages of comments without a hitler reference. Thanks for the save Mrydel.
gostangs

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:19 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
JasonB wrote:If those stories are true, it kind of makes you wonder why he was a leader in the recruiting class.

MAybe Coach Morris was unaware of what Beaver Nation said if it is even true. I would not question Coach Morris recruiting like that though.

I do not follow. Are you saying you would not question whether Morris would be unaware of that stuff if it is true or are you saying you are not questioning why he would recruit Moore as a leader in the class knowing about that stuff if it is true?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Grant Carter wrote: Are you saying you would not question whether Morris would be unaware of that stuff if it is true or are you saying you are not questioning why he would recruit Moore as a leader in the class knowing about that stuff if it is true?

Yes
Bergermeister

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Why do I stop in this place
One Trick Pony

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:29 pm

Coach Morris may not have been aware of that stuff. Also it may not even be true. That is why I would not question Coach Morris' recruiting. Anyway we have to move on.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Football