PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

analysis

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

analysis

Postby whatasteve » Mon Oct 01, 2001 5:34 pm

Since Peruna Punch has sold me out as a Redskins fan, I'm having a hard time figuring out who's worse, Washington or Dallas. Washington clearly has more talent, but Dallas gives better effort (result: they both suck). Think anyone will be at the showdown between these two on Monday night in a couple of weeks?

Despite SMU's record, Kelan Luker and David Page could start for either pro team. As could Kevin Garrett, Jonas Rutledge (one of them would give way to the great Champ Bailey), Kevin Aldridge, Vic Viloria and .... Chris McMurtray. Kid's got a cannon of a leg, and has a very bright future.
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Re: analysis

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Oct 02, 2001 11:41 am

Sorry Whatasteve, but your analysis (as well as your Redscabs loyalty) is flawed.

Luker will never play for the Cowboys as long as JJ is GM. Why? He's not the prototype QB they're looking for. He's neither tall, fast or particularly mobile. Moreso, Luker throws those pesky spirals, which as we know are paricularly frowned upon in the Cowboys organization.

As for Garrett and Rutledge, Champ Bailey would never have to step aside, as those two would never play for the Scabs. I'm envisioning a defensive backfield of Woodson, Garrett, Rutledge and Teague. Then there'd be some hard hittin' goin' down at Texas Stadium.

Could use Kevin Aldridge now that Ekuban is out for awhile.

We'll need Viloria after Dat goes down for the season.

But as for McMurtray, he'd never make the squad. Avezzano likes (low budget) projects, and McMurtray is just too accomplished.

You know, right now would be a really good time for the Ponies to bust out with some W's. If they could, I bet we'd start to fill some seats. Heck, that's the only way us Dallasites can see a good quality football game these days.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby SMURecruiting » Tue Oct 02, 2001 1:22 pm

Viloria is our best player, but possibly too small to play NFL. Aldridge has the best chance. Great size and runs a 4.6
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Postby HorsePower » Tue Oct 02, 2001 5:41 pm

Cavan reportedly once said the Pony with the brightest NFL future is .... Ruben Moodley.

Personally, I'll say Kevin Garrett
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Football