PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hawaii

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hawaii

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:29 pm

Is anyone else out there getting pumped about Saturday? I hope the Ponies go out and thrash these chumps! This is a game we SHOULD win.

How about you MrMustang1965? I bet you're ready to roll!!
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Re: Hawaii

Postby PonyPride » Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:06 pm

Got this from uhathletics.com

CHANG OUT THIS WEEK WITH SPRAINED WRIST

HONOLULU -- University of Hawai'i quarterback Timmy Chang will not play this week's game at SMU due to an injury to his wrist, Warriors head coach June Jones announced today.

"Timmy will not make this week's trip to Dallas," Jones said. "The good news is that there is no apparent fracture. The doctors are going to take additional X-Rays on Monday and hopefully we can get him back on the field next week."

Chang suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of last week's game against Rice when he used his hand to brace a fall after a hit in the fourth quarter. In three games this season, Chang leads the nation in total offense (349.7), has passed for 1,100 yards and six touchdowns, and averages 366.7 passing yards per game.

According to Jones, Nick Rolovich will start Saturday's game against the Mustangs.

"Nick is a lot farther along then he was when he started a year ago against Portland State," Jones said. "He knows the system and has more playing time than anyone other than Timmy so I'm confident that he can move the ball downfield and get us in the end zone."

Rolovich has started three games for the Warriors in the past two seasons. His first start was against Portland State in the season opener in 2000 when he completed 28-of-57 passes for 367 yards and two touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound, senior started the following game at UTEP and went 6-for-28 for 81 yards in the first half. Chang suffered a concussion midway through the 2000 season and Rolovich got his third career start at Fresno State when he passed for 297 yards and two touchdowns.

"I got a lot more reps in today than I have in a while," Rolovich said after this morning's practice. "The receivers and I are on the same page and as long as I'm consistent on my reads then we should be OK."

Jones also said senior Jared Flint will serve as Rolovich's back up. The Warriors are currently 1-2 overall, 0-2 in Western Athletic Conference play and will depart Wednesday night for Dallas. The game, to be aired nationally on Fox Sports Net and locally on KFVE-The Home Team, is scheduled to kickoff at 11:05 a.m. CDT (6:05 a.m. HST).
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PerunaPunch » Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:14 pm

That's unfortunate. I was singularly impressed by his performance last year, and was hoping to see him flop against our improved secondary this year.

Oh well. Best of luck to him for a speedy recovery and continued success... against everyone else.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyExpress » Wed Oct 03, 2001 5:02 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself. Hope he feels better - starting Saturday afternoon. Glad he's not playing, but the kid is very very talented.
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Return to Football