PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Post on DMN site

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Post on DMN site

Postby MustangStealth » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:09 am

Someone said this on the DMN poll:

"65-0 is running up the score. Potentially winning 34-13 and settling for 27-13 cannot be deemed running up the score.

The Red Raiders are waiting until their October 23rd meeting with UT-Austin before showing the world how to run up the score. The Longhorns will be exposed for the mediocre team they are."

Tech beats SMU 27-13. UT beats UNT 65-0. How arrogant do you have to be to run your mouth about someone else being mediocre. They beat a bowl team by 65 points. You beat the team with the second longest losing streak in the country by 14. History will definitely be made when I root for TCU in a couple of weeks.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby WrigleyDog » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:13 am

You should try rooting for your own team Pirate.
WrigleyDog

Postby couch 'em » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:48 pm

Your posts are neither witty nor particularly insulting Wrigley. They are just lame.
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby WrigleyDog » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:08 pm

couch 'em wrote:Your posts are neither witty nor particularly insulting Wrigley. They are just lame.

You will not find me on here insulting anyone. I could care less if you do not find me witty??? Your Coach said he hopes we get our asses kicked in the Big 12 and now MustangStealth is reiterating that. We beat yall and so that response is funny to me.
WrigleyDog

Postby giacfsp » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:15 pm

Yup - you barely beat a team that is rebuilding after hitting rock bottom last year. You must be very proud. UT isn't the only Big 12 team that would scare the hell out of me if I was a Tech fan. Have a nice life.
giacfsp
Heisman

Re:

Postby StangEsq » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:19 pm

WrigleyDog wrote:
couch 'em wrote:Your posts are neither witty nor particularly insulting Wrigley. They are just lame.

You will not find me on here insulting anyone. I could care less if you do not find me witty??? Your Coach said he hopes we get our asses kicked in the Big 12 and now MustangStealth is reiterating that. We beat yall and so that response is funny to me.

He doesn't have to hope. Tech has no chance in the Big 12 this year or any year for that matter.
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:28 pm

If those lame duck officials took away the push-offs in the end zone as they should have, it's a 13-13 ballgame.

That's probably why Mikey was throwing late in the game. In the back of his mind, he knew he needed those points to legitimize the victory. Otherwise, it was obvious to 34,000+ that Tech only squeaked a W because of a couple of poor calls by the refs.

I think that's also why the Tech fans are having issues being gracious in their victory; they know they didn't deserve it.
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby giacfsp » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:30 pm

Maybe when they look at how they played against us, they're afraid to look forward toward the rest of their season. I would be.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:00 pm

Last year was Tech's year to shine with Symons. You choked. Let it go.. please.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Idiot

Postby Arkpony » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:41 pm

And anyway..it's I COULDN"T CARE LESS..idiot
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Could care less ....

Postby kanucklehead » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:51 pm

Actually ArkPony, "could care less" is the more correct expression. While your favored "couldn't care less" is more logical and seems to be more correct from a grammatical standpoint, the predominant common usage of "could care less" wins out in terms of establishing itself as a stronger expression of frustration to the point of not even caring about grammatical (or political) correctness. In other words, I care so little, I could care less if you like my grammar or not. These subleties are probably overwhelming to someone with ties to a backward, backwater state. But, hang in there. Keep reading what the more literate types post and you may learn something in spite of your disadvantaged background.
kanucklehead

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:45 am

kanuck,

arkpony is correct. the proper use of the expression is "i couldn't care less".

just because many doofuses use "prolly" doesn't mean it's OK to use it instead of "probably"; same goes here.

give 'em hell arkpony!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Return to Football