PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why has Romo not had a chance?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Why has Romo not had a chance?

Postby stang_fan » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:02 pm

The DMN reported he was more athletic than Eckert. Why has he not seen any time?
stang_fan
Junior Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:20 pm

Well the thing is.. no one is consistent. We really need to land a high profile QB soon.. :\\
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:41 pm

How high profile a QB is means nothing. If he can play, he can play. We have three with some ability, and to give up on them when the offense is all of two games old is insane. With the new offense, it's like we're playing 11 freshmen. Not really, of course, but they're all getting used to the new system. Give these guys some time.

Of course, with all that said, I'd like to see Romo get a crack at it, too. I'm not giving up on Phillips or Eckert, but I'd be interested to see what Romo has, too.

Think he'll play in Stillwater?
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Give Romo a chance..

Postby Ms.Mustang » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:01 am

I think Bennett and Burns are making a big mistake by not putting Romo in the game... He may very well be the answer to their QB problems..But they will never know if they keep on the side lines..
Ms.Mustang

Postby Jim Rome » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:07 am

I wouldn't lose sleep over it just yet. I haven't made it to a game yet, but I would assume that the coaches are still getting used to the new offense and how the players fit in to the system. I would bet that all three play before the season's out. When he gets his chance, if he excels, he'll stay in there.
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Return to Football