PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ESPN's Pillow Fight of the Week: SMU v. SJSU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ESPN's Pillow Fight of the Week: SMU v. SJSU

Postby BRStang » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:32 pm

Good grief...

I'm sure Snob and JR will hail SMU's win this weekend as simply a pillow fight victory. Hopefully, I stole some of their thunder! :roll:
Geaux MUSTANGS! Geaux Tigers!
BRStang
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:46 pm

I am more then willing to accept the qualification of any win, as is the team I would guess - lets get the monkey off our back and go from there.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Johnny Rock » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:11 pm

A win is a win is a win....especially when we are on the second longest losing streak in Division 1-A and longest in school history. I will say this...if SMU doesn't win Saturday we are in for a very long year to say the least. I do not discount San Jose St. since they usually have a roster full of JUCO'S and players SMU could never get accepted with its admission requirements. Remember, we have the youngest team in Division 1-A which is not a good thing. Am I predicting an SMU loss...no, but I will believe it when I see it. I would love to see an SMU rout going into conference play and to end the losing streak.
Johnny Rock

Re: ESPN's Pillow Fight of the Week: SMU v. SJSU

Postby PonySnob » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:23 pm

BRStang wrote:Good grief...

I'm sure Snob and JR will hail SMU's win this weekend as simply a pillow fight victory. Hopefully, I stole some of their thunder! :roll:

Do you even go to SMU? Clearly you have not been around this program since it was killed by the NCAA back in the spring of 1987.

I hope we can win this game as it is about time for something positive to happen to this program. If Bennett cannot show some progress that this thing is headed in the right direction, I am not sure how much longer you can keep telling recruits "come help us build the program" when it actually keeps digging itself deeper and deeper into the grave. I agree with JR, a win is a win is a win.
PonySnob

Can we ever win?

Postby Sam I Am » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:17 pm

As an alum of 41 years and a fan since Doak Walker, I can assure you that I have been with SMU through thick and thin. In the words of "The Doors", this is the end...
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:47 am

Sam I Am: I certainly hope you mean 'this is the end' of the losing streak and not the end of the football program at SMU.
MrMustang1965

Postby BRStang » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:02 am

PonySnob wrote:

Do you even go to SMU? Clearly you have not been around this program since it was killed by the NCAA back in the spring of 1987.

Snob, don't even pretend you've been "supporting" our team all along. Your comments week after week, and yes, year after year, reflect nothing but a cynical, "I told ya so" attitude toward the team like you're just waiting for them to screw up so you can blast them. I've been following this board for a long time.

No, I don't GO to SMU; I GRADUATED from SMU in the early '90s. I have been frustrated with the state of SMU football from the day I started going to games as a freshman. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give up on the team before they're given a chance.

I'm glad you feel as if a win is a win is a win. You should. But it's hard for me to imagine you posting anything positive about SMU football even with a win over SJSU. Prove me wrong, please![/quote]
Geaux MUSTANGS! Geaux Tigers!
BRStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Water Pony » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:46 am

Geaux BRStang:

:P :lol: :D :P :lol: :D :P :lol:
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Football