PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bordano

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bordano

Postby MustangMatt » Sun Aug 06, 2000 12:34 am

I have been watching the Cowboy's game. It is currently half time, and Bordano has had some great playing time in the second quarter. His first two tackles (right in a row) were powerful hits. He also caught up with some guy and made a spectacular pull down. He is definitely being aggressive.

Bordano should get a lot of playing time this year. First due to Barron Wortham's knee injury, and second I don't think Dat Nguyen can last that long. He is a very light 230lbs. Dat seems to get pushed around too much by the O-line. Dat did have an interception to reject an Atlanta touchdown, followed by a very nice lateral.

It should be interesting to see how the MLB position battle plays out. I know Bordano will prevail; he has always been the underdog, and surprised everyone. I think the fact that he is not the current starter now will pay off. He is in the perfect position.

I will try to find some stats when the game is over and post them.

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Re: Bordano

Postby MustangMatt » Sun Aug 06, 2000 1:56 pm

I have searched, but cannot find any individual stats on how Bordano did. If anyone has seen them, or has them, please let me know.

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Re: Bordano

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Sun Aug 06, 2000 3:18 pm

Agreed - Bordano looked good against the Falcons. When he chased down that running back from behind and yanked him down by the back of his collar .... I didn't know Bordano had that kind of speed.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Return to Football