PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Defensive Line

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Defensive Line

Postby graypony » Wed Aug 09, 2000 7:58 pm

Thanks, Matt. I'll be over on the 14th and 15th. I'm going to try and sneak over on the 23rd, also, since I am recruiting med students at Southwestern that evening. I plan on finding my seat and relaxing to some good football at the scrimmage in Ford on the 26th, too. I'll be looking for you. I'd be over all the time, but everyone in the family likes me to be gainfully employed.
Don't worry about me missing any games. Unless I'm sick and unconscious in the hospital or just plain dead, I'll be at the game regardless of what ocean I have to fly over to get there.

[This message has been edited by graypony (edited 08-09-2000).]
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby jettison » Thu Aug 10, 2000 3:32 pm

Graypony, I didn't know you recruited med students for Southwestern? You don't know me, but I've deduced that you must be related to JD, and my lil' bro seems to run around with him alot. Anyways, one of my best friends is entering her second year at Southwestern medical... maybe you recruited her? None of this has to do with SMU, but it's good to make some of those small world connections every once in a while.

I'm revealing my Ponyfans identity a little by mentioning #86 is my brother. (And Amy Baldwin is the med student)
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby graypony » Thu Aug 10, 2000 4:54 pm

As a family practice residency director, I recruit senior medical students who are interested in family practice, to our residency program. They will spend 3 years with us and then become real docs, Board Certified Family Practicioners. I am really a teacher who recruits his pupils. I am not sure where they will set us up, but tell Amy to come by on the 23rd at 6:30 somewhere on Southwestern's campus.
I am #98's (formerly #83) stepdad since he was 5. I consider him my only son.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby jettison » Thu Aug 10, 2000 5:04 pm

Well, then, nice to meet you! I'll pass her the message.

And just to tie it back in... this year's defensive line may be the strongest asset of the team! Go 'stangs!
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby DallasDiehard » Fri Aug 11, 2000 1:38 pm

Got a peek at the new DE's. Melvin Williams is SMALL (he's listed at 205, I think), but he's got some lean muscle on him and looks like he could easily add a lot more weight to his frame.

Adami could grow up as big as his brother. He's 6-4 and has a really big frame - broad shoulders, long arms, etc. He also looks like he has a lot of growth left in him.

And not to repeat myself, Clay Glockzin (sp?) looks almost like a clone of Adami. Long arms, kind of lanky.

If these guys can all redshirt and start bulking up, those folks who blasted SMU for this recruiting class may get a big surprise. All three of these kids look like they will get a lot bigger and stronger (although Williams looks like he'd be a monster OLB rushing the passer.)
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football