PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustang Band

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mustang Band

Postby PonyGirl » Sat Oct 27, 2001 9:59 pm

Sounded great. Alumni filled out the band nicely, and made the sound fill Ford! I'd love to see a band that size every week, or bigger. Thanks to the alumni who came back and played.
PonyGirl
Varsity

Re: Mustang Band

Postby Joyous » Sun Oct 28, 2001 2:51 pm

I second that. Anyone know if the band will be going to Reno. Have not had a chance to sit behind the band since La Tech. Would be really NICE!!
Joyous
Varsity

Postby MustangSally » Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:41 pm

Hey,
I am in the band, and we really appreciate your comments. A lot of times we just get complaints about being different: "Why can't you guys be like the X band..."). We are unique in what we do and we try really hard at playing entertaining shows, which we feel we succeed in. We love supporting the teams all the time, but unfortunately we won't be able to make it to Reno for the UN game. We only have the financial capability for 1 or 2 close games each year. We already went to LA Tech, and we are not sure about Tulsa. If the school doesn't send the band to Tulsa, I do know that some students will go, instruments in hand, to help pump up the crowd and the team. Thanks again for the positive remarks.
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Postby Mickey » Sun Oct 28, 2001 9:24 pm

I for one have always been a Mustang Band fan. But I never told you how much you are appreciated. Well, you are and I am damn proud of you. The Mustang Band, The Best Dressed Band in the Land, The Hub of Mustang Spirit! God Love You All!
Mickey
All-American

Postby Mickey » Sun Oct 28, 2001 9:27 pm

Oh Yeah. At times the band may be underappreciated, but you never go unnoticed.
You are like the mailman. You are always there rain or shine. The teams appreciate you too.
Mickey
All-American

Return to Football