PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

John Hampton

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

John Hampton

Postby rogershealy » Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:48 pm

John Hampton has long hair. He also hates aparagus.
rogershealy
Varsity

Re: John Hampton

Postby PK » Wed Oct 31, 2001 7:37 pm

Roger, you obviously have waaaay too much time on your hands. Get a hobby or at best, a life!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby graypony » Wed Oct 31, 2001 8:51 pm

Hey, Rogers is OK. He is a very busy young man and makes a great impression for SMU. I think that he likes Mexican food, by the way.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby rogershealy » Thu Nov 01, 2001 6:21 am

graypony is on the same page as me. You know, maybe I do have too much time on my hands, but the fact of the matter is that John Hampton hates asparagus. GRAYPONY for president! JD and I went out tonight by the way.
rogershealy
Varsity

Postby jettison » Thu Nov 01, 2001 11:23 am

Fact #2: The asparagus repugnancy runs in the family.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby Eddie P » Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:15 pm

PK-

We like Rogers. If he wants to stay up till 4am and comment on the asparagus-reluctance of John Hampton, so be it. I've seen greater crimes against the fatherland.

Ciao

[This message has been edited by Eddie P (edited 11-01-2001).]

Postby PK » Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:47 pm

Well excuuuse me! Obviously I have not had the opportunity to meet the mighty fine Rogers....but personally I don't care for the "thumbs down" next to John Hampton's name.

Don't get me wrong here....I understand it was all in fun, but I still don't like the "thumbs down"...fun or not!!! If I've stepped on someone's inside joke, I apologize, but I have a lot of respect for what John has done for the Mustangs. BTW, I'll accept Graypony's endorsement of rogershealy and leave it at that.

Carry on. Image
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Eddie P » Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:05 pm

PK-

We agree. We should stop discussing Rogers so much. He'll start to think that he's special or that we think highly of him or some nonsense like that. Tall people scare us.

Postby PK » Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:15 pm

BTW Eddie, weren't you suppose to have passed away??? I guess that's what friends are for....right? Image

Glad we didn't lose another Ponies fan....we need all we can get!!!!!
PK

Postby Eddie P » Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:41 pm

Don't worry; I can't be killed by conventional means. It doesn't work that way. And it would take a tractor trailer to destroy one of my cars. Wait, wasn't I supposed to be a passenger? In all seriousness, I've been tasked to wander the Earth until SMU wins a national championship in: 1) Football 2) Men's Basketball or 3)Wrestling. So as you can see, I will be here at least a little while longer.

Postby PerunaPunch » Thu Nov 01, 2001 4:25 pm

Does SMU have a wrestling team yet? If so, I nominate myself for coach.

I'm assuming, of course, that this is a joke. If not, I'm gonna pull the old singlet outta mothballs.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby jettison » Thu Nov 01, 2001 4:40 pm

Really no need to start creating images of grown men in singlets.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby PerunaPunch » Thu Nov 01, 2001 5:11 pm

No kidding. My first action as head coach would be to remove all mirrors from the locker room!

Yuck!!
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PK » Thu Nov 01, 2001 5:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jettison:
<B>Really no need to start creating images of grown men in singlets. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man have you got that one right!! Yuck doesn't even come close to the proper reaction. Can you say Buuuuick!!!
PK

Postby rogershealy » Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:24 pm

I love John Hampton. The only reason I put a thumbs down is because he doesnt like asparagus, and that is a great vegetable. Sorry for all the confusion. Thanks. Go Ponies
rogershealy
Varsity

Return to Football