PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Charlie Waters new SMU coach?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Charlie Waters new SMU coach?

Postby Houston Pony » Wed Nov 07, 2001 3:55 pm

Steve Davis of the DMN said that's a possibility. What do all the level-headed folks (not the Cavan apologists) have to say?
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Re: Charlie Waters new SMU coach?

Postby PK » Wed Nov 07, 2001 4:17 pm

Don't know if I qualify for "level-headed", but I won't let that stop me. He is a "good" guy and there would be some definite positives, superbowl ring, a Cowboy from the better years, etc. all of which might help recruiting. He also has some college coaching experience at the D-1 level, but I don't know much about his record as a coach or capability. The real question would have to be whether or not he would be able to add the credibility to our program we are needing such as a Stoops or Spurrier might (like we could really get one of them). Maybe he would. If he were interested in us we would be stupid not to explore the possibilities.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Charlie Waters new SMU coach?

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2001 6:06 pm

Charlie Waters would be a GREAT choice!

Return to Football