PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Walterscheid

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Walterscheid

Postby WildHorse » Sun Nov 11, 2001 4:45 pm

I talked last night with one of the guys in our radio booth. They said they were talking in the booth during commercial breaks about Walterscheid. Seems the producer, Ted somebody, found out that Walterscheid was a running back and played baseball in high school. That leads me to believe that he has hands, and therefore should be able to field a snap. How many has he dropped/bobbled this year? 4? 5? It's not like he has a bunch of schemes and plays to learn in practice every day. His only plays are punt and fake punt. Get out to practice every day and field 1,000 snaps if you have to. Dropping snaps like that is unacceptable.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Re: Walterscheid

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Sun Nov 11, 2001 9:16 pm

Can't wait to see Russ Davis next year - Walterscheid (even when he does catch the ball) is way to inconsistent. He has a strong leg (had two over 50 yards yesterday) but then he also shanks them into the bench. He kills us in the field position battle.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Re: Walterscheid

Postby whatasteve » Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:49 pm

To his credit, Walterscheid killed his kickoffs Saturday - I don't think one of them was returned out of the end zone. But PonyPower (yes, I've seen him kick) can out-punt Walterscheid. And he can catch a snap, which is more than Walterscheid can say.
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Return to Football