PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thanks, MrMustang1965! WARNING: LONG POST

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thanks, MrMustang1965! WARNING: LONG POST

Postby MustangSally » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:40 am

I was the one that got MM1965's free Southwest ticket, so I figured I owe it to him to post what I did with it.

Around 6pm on Friday, I saw his post about the ticket. I had nothing going on the next day, so I thought it may be fun to take a quick trip somewhere. I worked out and ate dinner with a friend, and when I got back, I called my friend in New Orleans (SMU alum and UNO grad student). My friend wasn't answering, and the plane left Love Field at 9:15, so I was kinda thinking that this wasnt going to work. At 8:25, my buddy answered his phone and said itd be great if I came to visit, he could pick me up and let me sleep on his futon. After I hung up with him, I immediately called MM1965. We agreed to meet at Hillcrest and NW Highway. He pulled in and gave me the ticket at about 8:47.

From here, I floored it out to Love Field and pulled in around 8:55. I was sure I was NOT going to make this flight, but I figured what the heck. I didnt bring any baggage, just the polo shirt and pants I was wearing.

I checked in at the desk, they said the flight was delayed and I actually was booked a seat to leave at 940. (btw, I lied and said the name on the voucher was my uncle and he had no use for it, hope no feds are reading this) Upon arrival in New Orleans, my friend picked me up and took me to a party of other UNO grad students. Art students...wacky tobaccy and weird music coming from the back room. I wasnt too into this, so we left and headed for the French quarter. It was about 2am.

We parked like 8 miles away and walked down all sorts of interesting streets (very cool old buildings and houses, btw) until we found the infamous Bourbon Street. You could tell it was a tourist destination, everyone looked either like a typical frat boy with college logo hat or some buff, tan guy from the Jersey shore. The women were few and far between, and usually not too pretty. I saw some interesting things. First, a massive woman was walking around collecting beads by showing off her assets. Also, amongst the cabaret shows was one featuring "Female Impersonators"...no thanks.

I bought a 'Lucky Dog' from a vendor, and on the last freaking bite, a huge glob of mustard/ketchup/chili plopped right in the middle of my only shirt. I kinda wiped it off, but I had my first souvenir (i tried to forget about the bead incident). We then saw two packs of the Jersey Shore guys attack each other right there in the middle of the street. Shirts were removed and punches were thrown. I cop drove right through the middle of it and never stopped, it was hilarious. So surreal seeing that happen, plus the random people videoing the fight.

It was now 5am and we were heading out of the quarter. We passed a gay bar, and heard 'get the f--- out!' and saw a shirtless drunk literally get thrown out. He plopped like a dead fish on the sidewalk. I guess this wasn't 'out' enough for the bar crowd so they came out, propped him up and slammed him against the wall, getting a few gay punches in. This dude was in bad shape, but that's what you get for being a biter or whatever in a N'awlins gay bar.

I passed out at my friend's place, and woke up the next day around noon. He showed me around some other areas of New Orleans, but it's just not the same in the day time. I got a flight out that night at 7pm and got back to campus by 8:45, literally where I had been 24 hours earliers. All in all it was a fun trip, my friend took some pics on his phone, I'll see about getting those. Thanks so much, MM1965!
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Postby NavyCrimson » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:43 am

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby youngalumpony » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:43 am

Last Sat. night when I was out with some friends, including MustangSally, I asked him how his day trip to New Orleans went, but the subject quickly changed and I never got an answer. So thanks M.S., I didn't think it would be that interesting lol.

P.S. Have a great Christmas in beautiful south Florida, it's freezing here.
youngalumpony
Junior Varsity

Postby SCAMP6381 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:07 am

Only in N'awlins CAN YOU SEE AND DO SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE TIME :!: Sounds like you had FUN :lol:
GO MUSTANGS FIGHT ON TO VICTORY !!!!!!
SCAMP6381
Junior Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:42 am

Damn! Now I wish I had kept the damn thing and gone to New Orleans and visited your friend instead of you! :lol: Glad you had a good time. Sounds like an up-to-date version of the movie, "The Lost Weekend". :roll:
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football