PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FWST: Interesting story on reviving football at UTA

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re:

Postby jtstang » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:23 pm

MeanGreenGem wrote:Now we had a serious discussion going here until you decided to become a fiction writer

You should know--this thread is full of your fiction about Gerald Turner, UNT, LaTech, CUSA, blackballing and backstabbin'. In fact, you should qualify for a fiction literary award for all the made up stuff you've written on this board. Put it in a book, I'm sure Gerald Turner can help you get it published if you can't make it on your own merits.
jtstang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:22 pm

jtstang wrote:
MeanGreenGem wrote:Now we had a serious discussion going here until you decided to become a fiction writer

You should know--this thread is full of your fiction about Gerald Turner, UNT, LaTech, CUSA, blackballing and backstabbin'. In fact, you should qualify for a fiction literary award for all the made up stuff you've written on this board. Put it in a book, I'm sure Gerald Turner can help you get it published if you can't make it on your own merits.

So everything I have said about SMU you agree with since I don't see your school on the aforementioned fiction list?:)

Apparently, you like reading this thread so I guess you will buy my first official copy?

And, jstang, in as objective a mode as you can be, you really don't think Gerald Turner has avoided, evaded and spurned UNT every chance he has had to do so? Does he not realize that most in the Metroplex sort of know why and think he is acting a bit, uh, small?

Not that I think the 2 schools should play, but who at SMU vetoed a proposal for UNT and SMU to tee it up for a future football schedule?

HINT:No names mentioned but his initials are: G-E-R-A-L-D**T-U-R-N-E-R

G.T. will I'm sure still be invited to UNT's grand opening of our new 35-40,000 seat football stadium when it debuts anywhere from 18-24 months. So at least somebody around the Metroplex is acting civil and neighborly.

And how many of you Stangs have (secretly, of course) lurked over at www.GoMeanGreen.com and have seen the virtual tour video of what the Mean Green's future home will look like? Yeah I know, none of you, right?:)
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Re:

Postby jtstang » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:20 pm

MeanGreenGem wrote:And, jstang, in as objective a mode as you can be, you really don't think Gerald Turner has avoided, evaded and spurned UNT every chance he has had to do so?....

And how many of you Stangs have (secretly, of course) lurked over at www.GoMeanGreen.com and have seen the virtual tour video of what the Mean Green's future home will look like? Yeah I know, none of you, right?

No, like most associated with SMU, I don't think Turner even thinks about UNT. Although I think in its funny as hell that in your most objective mode, you think he does.

And no, I haven't been to your lame@ss website.

BTW, the reason I've followed this thread is because I like to post things and make you post things which make you look foolish, it's amusing to me. Now, admittedly, I'm easily amused. Apparently so do many other posters...you know, the ones who like to make make you paranoid and defensive. Judging by its length, you have lots of foolishness to offer up, so feel free to keep it coming. You're more fun than the sunshiners, at least their alliegance lies with SMU.
jtstang

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:55 pm

Good, so we both amuse each other, jstang. What's next?

Yet on PunyFans.com we have some Stang' posters that go back to "junior high" talk when they describe anything about UNT. I am waiting next for a: "I know you are but who am I" response any time now from some SMU'er.

And who is paranoid about what? How could anyone from MG Country be paranoid about a school that has been on NCAA probation (including the NCAA's only Death Penalty) more than any other school; a school that is still trying its best to revive ghosts from the past while at the same time standing still while a very large state university in its front yard is zooming right past it?

Wait till UNT's 200 acre Mean Green Athletic Village is 100% complete. The $40 million Phase 1 already is. But when all at the Eagle Point Campus (adjacent to the Denton Radisson) is complete it will be a new era for Metroplex college athletics and especially football. It will be an era that a certain private school that likes to say is head-quartered in Dallas (rather than University Park) could never deliver in the past; even when it was in a conference with UT and TAMU. Now that is something to get paranoid about, jstang.

Still humored?:)
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby that's great raplh » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:11 pm

dude

get real

UNT is one let away from a bad word
that's great raplh

Re:

Postby jtstang » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:33 am

MeanGreenGem wrote:And who is paranoid about what?

You. Paranoid and defensive that UNT is stuck in the Sunbelt, destined for a lower division, and was "blackballed" from C-USA by the president of a school who was not yet even a member itself. Paranoid and delusional fool, get over it. And Denton is not in the Metroplex...it is a suburb of Oklahoma.
jtstang

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:19 pm

jtstang wrote:
MeanGreenGem wrote:And who is paranoid about what?

You. Paranoid and defensive that UNT is stuck in the Sunbelt, destined for a lower division, and was "blackballed" from C-USA by the president of a school who was not yet even a member itself. Paranoid and delusional fool, get over it. And Denton is not in the Metroplex...it is a suburb of Oklahoma.

jstang, you just continue to humor me.:)

But to quote the late, great Ronald Reagan: "There you go again." Such lagniape comes from your keyboard.

FYI: I read on one of the BBS message boards (such as CUSA has) that an independent study showed the the Sun Belt Conference will pass what is left of CUSA within this decade. Hey! Its you private schools that have been jumping on sinking ships of late.

I mean come on now, jstang, Rice and Tulane have even talked about dropping football not that long ago. SMU probably eventually will and I don't think UNT would be interested in CUSA even then. We are mostly using TCU as our model and they don't seem to be clamoring to be with you all and the rest of the gang in CUSA now do they?

Denton County is part of the North Texas Council of Goverment's 6 county area that many people call the Metroplex. NTCOG officials now say there are 5.6 million people in this 6 county Metroplex. Last time I was up in Denton (100,000 pop.), they were still the county seat of Denton County (500,000 pop.) which I guess you SMU'ers missed in your private school Texas Geography course education somehow.:(
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Re:

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:01 pm

2112 wrote:WHAT'S THAT I HEAR?....................nothing but the wind :D

I hear crickets chirping, and an occasional knee deep..........
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football