PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FWST: Interesting story on reviving football at UTA

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:03 am

jtstang wrote:
MeanGreenGem wrote:Oh yeah? Tell that to UNT's 9 Pulitzer Prize winners and see if they'd agree with you.

Did Gerald Turner contact the folks over at the Pulitzer on UNT's behalf NINE times? And you say he's blackballing your poor little school. You, sir, are pathetic.

You wanna' see pathetic? :arrow: Look in a mirror!

People like Gerald Turner are considered small because they think small and act small. Now THAT is pathetic! (Pass that on to him, will ya' and tell him Texans are onto how he operates).
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:24 am

Hmmm...go drive by G. R. Turner's house on University Blvd. sometime and tell me what you think. It's a scale replica of Dunlieth Mansion in Natchez, MS. That's not 'small thinking' in my book.

I doubt UNT's president lives in something this nice! :roll:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q ... on&spell=1
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:38 am

MrMustang1965 wrote:Hmmm...go drive by G. R. Turner's house on University Blvd. sometime and tell me what you think. It's a scale replica of Dunlieth Mansion in Natchez, MS. That's not 'small thinking' in my book.

I doubt UNT's president lives in something this nice! :roll:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q ... on&spell=1

There you Mustangs go again, always thinking in terms of materialism.:)

What I think you really know what I was posting about by "small thinking" was your prez's obvious skirting of the "UNT problem" and (instead) exerting a most pro-active effort to lobby for a freakin' Louisiana school in Ruston, Louisiana, over NORTH TEXAS. Now "THAT" is small thinking and another example of SMU showing to all Texans everywhere an obvious fear of the presence of a large (booming) Texas state university that eveyone in the Metroplex knows Gerald Turner did everything in his power to blackball.

And just what is it that CUSA thinks SMU is bringing to their table? One winning season out of how many decades? A new stadium that draws about 6,000 fans when you are not playing some of your ex SWC buddies? Tens upon tens of thousands of Metroplex Texans might be interested to know the answer to the aforementioned question, though.

And pleeezzzzzzz....... don't use the "SMU brings the DFW TV market" to the table theme because even WAC Comissioner Karl Benson said SMU has not and could not even deliver the nation's 7'th largest TV market to the WAC. He inferred that UNT could when they were wanting us to go west and join them. We politely declined, of course.

Don't mistake this (and other) posts in this thread with any semblance of thinking UNT at this time now wants to be in a league TCU saw fit to leave, because the Horned Frogs have (somewhat) become our model and what is good or bad for TCU is probably now going to be the same for UNT. Comprende?
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:44 pm

*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*

Yep...materialism. It's the "American way"!
MrMustang1965

Postby that's great raplh » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:50 pm

The vision statement for Central Florida Community College mandates an open, caring, inclusive learning environment, built on the core values of integrity, service, responsibility, and dignity. It is the people of CFCC - the students, faculty, and staff - who make the vision a reality.

Central Florida Community College is committed to providing the best learning opportunities possible. Whether you plan to continue your education at a four-year college or university, gain the skills for immediate employment, or expand your knowledge of new subjects, we are glad you are considering CFCC. The catalog contains information that will help you reach your learning goals.

I welcome you to Central Florida Community College and wish for you an enjoyable and meaningful learning experience.

Charles R. Dassance, Ph.D.
President, Central Florida Community College
that's great raplh

Postby PonySnob » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:59 pm

Hey MeanGreenGem, don't go away mad.....just go away!!!!
PonySnob

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:13 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*

'65. do you always laugh so much when faced with a strong dose of the truth? :roll:

And to the (obvious) alum of some JUCO in Florida who posts above, wonder if their team would be interested in teeing it up with the Stangs? :lol:
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby that's great raplh » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:48 pm

my juco verus the juco you call UNT
that's great raplh

Postby smupony94 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:40 pm

Now, Now Raplh... Just because you froze in front of the crowd at the MTV contest on the UNT campus you don't have to take it out on the poor meangreen people. If you get bored like I have been and check out their site you will see they have many other issues to deal with. One guy is hoping a SMU alum will donate $50 million so they can have a decent football stadium. Little did I know that all SMU alums have so much money - where can I pick up my check?
smupony94

Re:

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:24 pm

MeanGreenGem wrote:
MrMustang1965 wrote:*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*LOL*

'65. do you always laugh so much when faced with a strong dose of the truth? :roll:

And to the (obvious) alum of some JUCO in Florida who posts above, wonder if their team would be interested in teeing it up with the Stangs? :lol:
I'm laughing because you can't laugh. I feel sorry for you.
MrMustang1965

Postby smupony94 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:36 pm

I don't think that meangreengem understood that raplh was suggesting his alma mater was on the level of central florida community college
smupony94

Re:

Postby jtstang » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:18 am

MeanGreenGem wrote:What I think you really know what I was posting about by "small thinking" was your prez's obvious skirting of the "UNT problem" and (instead) exerting a most pro-active effort to lobby for a freakin' Louisiana school in Ruston, Louisiana, over NORTH TEXAS.

Thinking about UNT necessarily involves small thinking. And by the way, that was a conference mate in Ruston LA, not a Sunbelt lackey. And since you admit UNT does not desire to be in the CUSA, why does it matter to you anyway? Loser.
jtstang

Postby that's great raplh » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:32 pm

ek - my acerbic wit is subtle - like a poke in the whowho
that's great raplh

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:19 pm

jtstang wrote:
MeanGreenGem wrote:What I think you really know what I was posting about by "small thinking" was your prez's obvious skirting of the "UNT problem" and (instead) exerting a most pro-active effort to lobby for a freakin' Louisiana school in Ruston, Louisiana, over NORTH TEXAS.

Thinking about UNT necessarily involves small thinking. And by the way, that was a conference mate in Ruston LA, not a Sunbelt lackey. And since you admit UNT does not desire to be in the CUSA, why does it matter to you anyway? Loser.

Jeez! This thread is still on Page 1?!?!? LOL!

UNT and thinking small do not go together. For proof, take a short trip north where the 2 Texas interstates meet and see what is going on on those 200 acres of land between those interstates, ie, I-35E & I-35W. Check out what is rising up like the Phoenix on those 200 acres of rolling Texas prairie adjacent to the Denton Radisson Hotel & UNT's main campus.

No sir, UNT is not thinking small at all. Probably even more the reason SMU is just having a difficult time handling their uh, "UNT problem" perhaps? Beep! Beep! Said the Road-Runner!:)
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:49 am

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
gostangs

PreviousNext

Return to Football