PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FWST: Interesting story on reviving football at UTA

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby 2112 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:56 am

WHAT'S THAT I HEAR?....................nothing but the wind :D
Heisman

Re:

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:34 pm

2112 wrote:WHAT'S THAT I HEAR?....................nothing but the wind :D
Like a big fart!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby that's great raplh » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:56 pm

Denton has a Radison Hotel? Must be good for all those UNT Hotel Management Majors...
that's great raplh

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:37 pm

that's great raplh wrote:Denton has a Radison Hotel? Must be good for all those UNT Hotel Management Majors...

Matter of fact, the Denton Radisson located at UNT's Eagle Point Campus does play an integral part for Hotel and Restraunt Management majors at NORTH TEXAS. Funny thing, but Texas Tech and University of Houston have similar programs.

UNT is an all purpose university with a most diversified curriculum. One day soon, all of those lawyers trained at the UNT Law School and pharmacist at its soon to be approved UNT Pharmacy School are going to need some well managed 5 star hotels to stay. If they go to those managed by UNT alums, I'm sure all will be happy. 8)
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:51 pm

Then the Hotel will need more bus-boys and dishwashers too. Why don't you beat the rush, and run over and apply now? By the way.........good thing your powerhouse football factory has been to four straight bowl games, or else you wouldn't have cracked that 15,000 att. mark! LOL!!!! Two thousand below mean ole' SMU! LOL!!!!!!!!
ALEX LIFESON

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:27 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Then the Hotel will need more bus-boys and dishwashers too. Why don't you beat the rush, and run over and apply now? By the way.........good thing your powerhouse football factory has been to four straight bowl games, or else you wouldn't have cracked that 15,000 att. mark! LOL!!!! Two thousand below mean ole' SMU! LOL!!!!!!!!

You really do believe that was SMU's real average attendance now don't you? :shock: Then I have some ocean front property in Arizona I want to especially talk to you about.

FWIW, 4 out of 5 UNT home games were televised in DFW on ESPN+ and the last 2 home games it rained. I'll take the "real' 15,000 plus butts in seats considering we didn't have a Big 12 school come play us at Fouts last year.

Those marquee games sorta' made a difference in your home average attendance at Ford, now didn't they? But when you have 6,000 real butts in seats at your last 2 home games as some of your own honest posters reported on this forum, some might find it strange how SMU could have averaged over 15K per home game. :roll:
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:41 am

Ya know...for all his/her/its rants and raves, ya gotta give MGG credit for loving his/her/its school. If there's ever an opening for a PR person at that school, I hope he/she/it applies for it and gets it. Seriously. It'll give him/her/it a REAL job and, hopefully, get him/her/it off of our board. But if he/she/it gets caught doing non-productive, non-university work on university time, then he/she/it will be out of a job and back on here.

Here's a serious suggestion for MGG: start a board called www.meangreenfans.com. Surely there are others of your ilk who would spend their time there instead of here. :shock:
MrMustang1965

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:46 am

College University North Texas needs that. Good idea.
Bergermeister

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:20 am

Bergermeister wrote:College University North Texas needs that. Good idea.

Meister, you stick with flipping burgers and I'll stick with eating those burgers!:)

Some of you Stangs might be disappointed that the tax bracket I'm in may even by higher than many of yours. That's no smack board bull, either.

Hey! I just enjoy the hell outta' visitng PonyFans.com and posting a few HSO's and by looking at the views on the threads that other MG fans other than just myself have posted, so do some of you who keep viewing these threads! :lol:

Look at it this way, at least we're all in the same non-BCS boat and would probably be in the same boat if either of us could kick any BCS school's [deleted]! :wink:
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Re:

Postby jtstang » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:10 am

MeanGreenGem wrote:Some of you Stangs might be disappointed that the tax bracket I'm in may even by higher than many of yours. That's no smack board bull, either.

That's pathetic. How did you get such a high paying job with a NT degree? Did Gerald Turner help you get it since you couldn't get it on your own merits? And you say he's blackballing you.
jtstang

Postby 2112 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:21 am

Then by all Glory, go and count your money! I hope there are MANY stacks! And you are welcome, for I KNOW that it makes your life worth living, when someone from SMU acknowledges your miserable existence.
Heisman

MEAN GREEN

Postby GUNPERUNA » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:39 am

I don't care how much money he has. He still lives in the sewer city called Denton! He couldn't pay me to visit that rat hole!

GUNPERUNA
Junior Varsity

Re: MEAN GREEN

Postby MeanGreenGem » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:18 pm

[quote="GUNPERUNA"]I don't care how much money he has. He still lives in the sewer city called Denton! He couldn't pay me to visit that rat hole!
................................................................................

Whoa Nellie! FWIW, wetGUNPowder, SMU is closer to urban blight than UNT will ever be with our campus location and strategic setting.

AND....I don't live in Denton, but wish I could because as a quasi-folk musician, I'd be in hog heaven hanging around our internationally famous College of Music and, of course, Fry Street.
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby GUNPERUNA » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:47 pm

I had the opportunity to waste a good day of my existence & visit the campus of UNT STATE. I have never been more grossed out in my life. The school, the campus, the students were all a terrible example of any school in the great state of Texas. All the Junior colleges in the Dallas area offered a finer education than that trash bucket of a school in dirty Denton. Oh, I also got the great opportunity to waste more time at Fry street AKA the great puffathon.
GUNPERUNA
Junior Varsity

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:36 pm

GUNPERUNA wrote:I had the opportunity to waste a good day of my existence & visit the campus of UNT STATE. I have never been more grossed out in my life. The school, the campus, the students were all a terrible example of any school in the great state of Texas. All the Junior colleges in the Dallas area offered a finer education than that trash bucket of a school in dirty Denton. Oh, I also got the great opportunity to waste more time at Fry street AKA the great puffathon.

Now we had a serious discussion going here until you decided to become a fiction writer.:(
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football