PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Randy Allen leaving HP?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Randy Allen leaving HP?

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:22 pm

Any skinny on this? Anyone?
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:44 pm

I hope not - that would be awful for the Scots.
gostangs

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:43 pm

for what? Are you suggesting he would be coming for an assistant's job at SMU?
Hoop Fan

Postby hpfan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:35 pm

Coach Allen can stay or go as he pleases at HP. He is very friendly with Coach Phil and has spent much time explaining the complexities of the 4-5 wide HP offense. He would love to be the head coach of the Ponies but I doubt he would take any role that was not significant. He is used to being the sole boss. With Stafford and company, next year will likely be the last chance for a state championship for some time. The team always seems to re-load but the powder looks a little low in the lower classes for a few years. Frankly many thought he would return to Abeline eventually.
hpfan
Junior Varsity

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:12 pm

I played against Stollenwerck and the 84 Scots. HP has something in the water. We never can grow lineman like those guys. HP is always disciplined teams from Coach Bevers to now. I have always had the highest respect for HP athletics.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:12 pm

No offense to coach Allen - but I doubt he has been tutoring our coaching staff, particularly Burns, on any offensive points - its not the same game.

Also - HP will always reload - the current squad did not look that great a few yrs ago either - the HP guys work harder in HS then most - thats why in jr and senior yrs they get bigger and stonger then the average team, and they are always very coachable - they always give up a little in team speed which shows up in the playoffs.

Where did this rumor come from?
gostangs

Postby Corso » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:47 pm

I'd be stunned if he came to SMU (which I realize is not in the original post) .... what's he going to do, be Coach Burns' caddy? I have no idea if he's going to leave HP, and it's unimportant to me. I gather he's a nice guy, so I wish him well, wherever he goes. The thing about HP is that they're often better-coached than their opponents, whether it's from the HPHS staff, or through private coaching on the side .... whatever. More often than not, HP doesn't have the athletes that are on the opposing sideline, but they're a classic example of how a good team can be better than the individual players on that team.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:31 am

Where and how do these rumors get started? :roll:
MrMustang1965

Postby BrianTinBigD » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:32 pm

Perhaps they get started when...

a) the football season is over and we have nothing to [deleted], moan, complain, and [deleted] about.

b) recruiting is just starting to pick up and has not got our undivided attention.

c) the basketball season is just not giving us our "Mustang" fix(though I will be at the game Thursday)

d) we spend way too much time posting on this board when we should be working.

e) we have nothing better to do but sit around reading every post on Pony Fans and hoping that we can find out the real reason why Phil got a contract extension.

f) we(as in me) are bored off our butt and come up with long winded useless posts to just increase my, I mean our post counts.

g) we just hope to get our daily dose of a naked Kathy Bates
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Postby DallasDiehard » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:08 pm

You are a deeply disturbed man, BrianTinBigD. Funny, but disturbed.
Good stuff.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby DiamondM75 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:53 pm

Put me down for an f)
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Return to Football