PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Texas Football Magazine: Top 20 Stories of 2004

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Texas Football Magazine: Top 20 Stories of 2004

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:11 am

SMU gets the 13th slot!

13: Phil Bennett landing a contract extension at SMU in December as the Ponies officially departed the Western Athletic Conference for Conference USA. Bennett was awarded a two-year contract extension by Athletic Director Jim Copeland and is now under contract through the 2008 season. "Our goal is to win championships at SMU," said Copeland. "I am convinced that Phil Bennett is the man who will lead us to Conference USA titles and bowl games in the years to come and we are very happy to have him as our head football coach." Bennett led SMU to wins in two of its last three contests in 2004 despite fielding the youngest team in the nation and losing 14 starters to injury for portions of the season. "I have said from the beginning that we will win championships at SMU and that I'm in this for the long haul," said Bennett. "I do want to thank the administration for their vote of confidence in what we're doing as a football program. I also want to let them and our fans know that we will turn this program into a consistent winner." The Ponies finished 3-8, defeating San Jose State, Tulsa in overtime and Nevada.

http://texasfootball.com/05coll_0106.html
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby NavyCrimson » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:45 am

knowing tex-ass football mag the way they are, u don't know if its a slice @ SMU or Bennett, but u know its a slice at us!

they don't call the mag tex-ass football for nothing! :wink: :wink: :wink:
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Return to Football