PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ESPN Death Penalty Article

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ESPN Death Penalty Article

Postby Mac » Wed Nov 28, 2001 6:20 pm

There is an article on ESPN.com website that talks about Alabama and Kentucky getting the death penalty. They talk about the Stangs briefly.
Mac
Scout Team

Re: ESPN Death Penalty Article

Postby PK » Wed Nov 28, 2001 6:43 pm

Sounds to me that we ought to sue our good NCAA friends for all they are worth. The fact they no longer seriously consider the "Death Penalty" shows how negligent they were in their initial use to not fully consider the implications of what they were doing. #&%$*&#@* just makes me want to spit!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: ESPN Death Penalty Article

Postby Big D » Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:52 pm

Every time I read something like this, it makes me maddern hell. I would think that with the vast number of lawyer alums, someone would sue the ncaa to death. Or all of them together. But then I think, the school would probably have to agree, which I've seen over the last 3 years, They don't give a rat's [deleted] about athletics or athletes. This school will Never overcome the DP, no matter who coaches the team. So, I guess just sit back and watch the Big Boys, the ncaa, and the bcs, just do whatever they want with the little schools. It's a crying shame and I hope somehow, they all get what's coming to them, and I don't mean more $$$$$.
Big D
Scout Team

Return to Football