PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wallis kicked UN player? You go guy...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Wallis kicked UN player? You go guy...

Postby Mustang75 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:43 pm

I recorded the game Saturday night & don't recall hearing that rhubarb. I'll listen again but I don't think the ticket made a comment. Who saw it? What happened?
Mustang75
Varsity

Re: Wallis kicked UN player? You go guy...

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:48 pm

Probably not our proudest moment, although I can understand the frustration. It happened on the interception by Nevada that sealed the game. I believe Wallis tackled the guy, knocking him out of bounds. Then I guess he lashed out at the guy in frustration.

Unfortunately, I only heard the game huddled around the radio (like the old days), so I didn't actually see it. Who was there? Anyone??
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby Diehard Pony » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:41 pm

Originally posted by PerunaPunch:
Probably not our proudest moment, although I can understand the frustration. It happened on the interception by Nevada that sealed the game. I believe Wallis tackled the guy, knocking him out of bounds. Then I guess he lashed out at the guy in frustration.

Unfortunately, I only heard the game huddled around the radio (like the old days), so I didn't actually see it. Who was there? Anyone??
Wallis apparently kicked a Nevada player in the face. No harm, no foul since he was wearing a face mask.

I hope we get to see Chris Phillips in the game because it would be a good time for him to get some exposure to one of our weakest remaining opponents.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby Higher Authority » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:24 pm

Or do we look at it the other way, and say we need to stick with the more experienced QB (Bartel) so we don't blow this one? I say leave Bartel in from start to finsih, and he'll come out and have the best game of his young career. He played LaTech with a chip on his shoulder last year, and he lit the place up. Hopefully he's mad now, too.
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby ponyte » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:31 am

:eek: At least one of our players showed a little frustration with our performance. I wish instead of kicking opponents in the facemask we would just kick their arse and win!
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Nacho » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:45 am

You guys amaze me. You defend a player for kicking an opponent in the face. Unreal. Whatever happended to sportsmanship?
Nacho

Postby The PonyGrad » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:03 am

Originally posted by ponyte:
:eek: At least one of our players showed a little frustration with our performance. I wish instead of kicking opponents in the facemask we would just kick their arse and win!
Our performance? Try HIS performance. Without that interception we win.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby PerunaPunch » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:46 pm

I nominate DD Johnson, for the Vic Villoria Defensive Attitude Award. At OSU, he has cussin' the defense for slacking. One of the coaches had to grab him and calm him down.

IMHO, that's the kind of attitude we need from everyone. But I'd rather see frustration vented in a semi-constructive way like Johnson rather than booting an opponent. :thumbupcool:
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby Corso » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:17 pm

Not so fast, my friends!

I wasn't in Reno, but my understanding is that the foul called on Wallis wasn't nearly as flagrant as we've heard, or as bad as some of our more .... "enthusiastic" .... PonyFans would like to believe. I heard he basically got tangled up with the Nevada player and in an effort to free his leg, contact was made. Yes, he was frustrated, but it's not like he wound up and "went Billy Cundiff" on the guy's facemask.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Return to Football