PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hardee McCrary

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hardee McCrary

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 01, 2001 4:53 pm

Can't believe his name hasn't been mentioned before. The man would be great, and I don't even know if he can coach. The fact of the matter is that he is perhaps the most recognizable recruiting assistant coach in America. When he shows up at a high school coaches' clinic, he's like the godfather. You'd think George Halas or Vince Lombardi was present, the way the high school coaches react to him.

Surround him with a solid staff, and the talent level around SMU will skyrocket. Results on the field will follow.

Re: Hardee McCrary

Postby Hilltopper » Mon Dec 03, 2001 12:24 pm

I don't know much about McCrary, but I like the idea of hiring a recruiter. Look what it's done for Texas. Mack Brown can't coach to save his life, but he's got himself a roster full of future NFL players, and they go 9-2 every year. As long as the UT faithful (you know, the ones who show up for the second and third quarter, as long as the weather's nice) don't expect the Horns to win a game that means anything, Brown can remain in Austin as long as he wants.

But I think McCrary would be a nice recruiter to have at SMU. Imagine the kids he and Ringo and Giles could pull if they were to work together.
Hilltopper
All-American

Re: Hardee McCrary

Postby DreadHead » Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:36 pm

Yah mon, McCrary would do wonders at SMU. He is the recruitng guru for UT, which has done pretty well. He is also a likebale guy who would fit in very well.
DreadHead
Scout Team

Return to Football