PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Richuel Massey

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Richuel Massey

Postby ThadFilms » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:49 pm

All this recruiting fever, has returned me to one of my favorite recruits in recent history, who has yet to really explode...

What's the story on Massey? Did his injury in '03 really mess him up?

Here's a one line bit about what everybody's favorite recruiting news source had to say about him when we picked him up-

A big piece of the SMU Mustangs return to glory might have just fallen into place with one of its biggest commitments in recent history.

Any chance he'll finally be our starting tailback this season? I've been so looking forward to a "Ritual Mass" in our end zone... a Touchdown Richuel Mass...ey.

Anybody got an inside line to the straight dope on Massey?

BTW- The source of the quote was Rivals. If you recall, he chose the Ponies over Texas, A$M, Georgia Tech, and Baylor... don't know if they were all offers, but I remember Texas tried to pry him away at the last second.

PonyExpress83's only my name... not the year I graduated.
ThadFilms
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DallasDiehard » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:43 am

There were some who were afraid Richuel might transfer after this year -- he's not. That, I think, is great news. I don't know specifically what his future holds, of course, but I do maintain the belief that he has real talent. I do think his injury that shelved him last year was more serious than some of us thought -- at least I was told it was -- but how that carried over to this year, I don't know. From what I understand (not by a coach, so the accuracy of this is unknown), he will be given a chance in the spring to compete for the starting tailback job. I would think that going into spring ball, Cedrick Dorsey would be the starter. But certainly Massey is thought to have talent, as is DeMyron Martin. I also don't know what the plans are for Andrew McKinney and Jessie Henderson. But I really like the depth at the position, and the fact that Massey will be in the mix, either at RB or FB.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby Hal » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:06 am

Is Massey the strongest player (pound-for-pound) in SMU history?
Hal
Varsity

Return to Football