PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cavan is a good coach

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cavan is a good coach

Postby BleedLightBlue » Sun Dec 02, 2001 7:15 pm

too bad he's gone -- From what I saw in Kenan yesterday you guys fought and overcame a talent deficit by smart, heady play and a lack of mistakes.
\"It is within these trenches that we enjoy the pursuit of our utmost potential on the field of battle.\"
BleedLightBlue

Re: Cavan is a good coach

Postby WildHorse » Mon Dec 03, 2001 12:21 am

OK seriously, PonyFans, when's the last time we've gotten an analysis like that for our team in the last five years? I like Mike Cavan personally, but yesterday might have been the first time we didn't turn the ball over in five years, and it's a stinging indictment that the team's two best performances come after he knows he's not coming back.

And, on another note, I saw the comments in Rick Alonzo's story today - and I was disappointed to read Coach Cavan's farewell statement about Copeland "In the words of our illustrious leader - he's seen enough? Well I've had enough." Sorry the way things turned out, Coach, but there's no need to fire a parting shot like that. Up until that, Cavan had handled everything with complete class.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Re: Cavan is a good coach

Postby jettison » Mon Dec 03, 2001 1:35 pm

I heard it on the radio, and sort of laughed in shock. I think he had been preparing to say that for a couple weeks, because it didn't even fit well with the question that was asked by Jimmy Christopher. Oh well, we get to move on. Whoever takes over has undoubtedly seen he has plenty of talent to work with. And maybe we won't have so many formerly proclaimed promising stars sitting on the bench like we have the past few weeks.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Return to Football