PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

A new reason I rank Waters over Bennett

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

A new reason I rank Waters over Bennett

Postby JasonB » Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:57 pm

I have been corrected by my cousin, who played football at A&M in the mid 90's:

He was fired after our 6-6 season because the defense got scored on more than your mama. He said he was RC’s scapegoat and that he didn’t deserve to be fired.

According to my cousin, Bennett will not be welcomed back to Aggieland.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: A new reason I rank Waters over Bennett

Postby PK » Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:07 pm

Does that mean that his Bio copied on this board in another post is not accurate??? or perhaps inflated??? HMMMMMMM???
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby JasonB » Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:01 pm

Also, I know that my cousin was making a joke about my mom in the quote above Image, but I just wanted to cut and paste from the email I received from him so that I could be as accurate as possible Image.
JasonB

Postby FroginBoots » Wed Dec 05, 2001 2:01 pm

Bennett was hired by Slocum from LSU - where his defense was the top in the SEC and he was named Defensive Coach of the Year in the SEC.

When the offer was made it was with the understanding that Bennett would be a "true" DC - with the authority to run the defense he thought appropriate.

When he tried to change the Aggies scheme from the 3-4 to a 4-3 Slocum started meddling. Slocum is nothing if not a political animal --- at the same time Bennett is NO ONE's yes man - he will fight for what he believes.

Slocum did scapegoat him -- just as he has MANY other quality assistants during his tenure in aggieland.

Give this guy a chance -- you are gonna LOVE what you see!
FroginBoots

Return to Football