PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

You can lead a pony to waters....

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

You can lead a pony to waters....

Postby JasonB » Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:02 pm

but you can't make him drink.

But, that's okay, and let me explain Image.

1) I have two cousins who went to A&M. The one who did NOT play football is the one that said that he would not be welcomed back and that he was fired. The one who DID play football (he was kicker) says that it was an outstanding hire, that the players loved him, he got all of A&M's good recruits to go there, and that he has a great football mind and great contacts in texas.

2) Bennett knows the area and was in charge of recruiting texas for KState.

3) his brother, who was hired on, really does have a lot of contacts, especially in east texas. Between him and Ringo, we will have some great contacts for recruiting.

4) I think it will be interesting to see who he keeps and who he lets go. Hopefully the DC stays, along with Ringo, and the new weight-training guy. We will see how things turn out though.

MOST OF ALL - give this guy a chance. This could be very good for SMU football, so please give him a chance and your support. I dont think this hire will lose a SINGLE recruit, in fact, I think we will still a couple of recruits because of him. Everyone who has come into contact with him really comes away with a great impression. So welcome him with open arms! Image

Then, IF he screws up, call for his and Copeland's head. But no pressure or anything Image.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: You can lead a pony to waters....

Postby Hilltopper » Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:23 pm

Right on - give Bennett your support and a chance to show why he was hired. He's a great coach who will make PonyFans proud.
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby DallasDiehard » Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:19 pm

Waters is a great guy, but Bennett is the right man for the job.

Hope he finds a place for Shumann, Ringo and Giles
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby ponytalk » Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:08 pm

Lets remember that Waters has not coached in a while. Bennett is fresh. Bennett has my support.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Football