PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bryan McDearman

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bryan McDearman

Postby Red+BlueDude » Mon Apr 10, 2000 7:08 pm

If only this guy had some speed... The guy runs very precise routes and has great hands. Get the ball near him, and he'll catch it. Looks stronger too - must have been hitting the weights a lot this offseason. Maybe in Coach Kueck's new offense, the multiple receivers will spread the defense enough that he'll find some space underneath and be a Jason Wolf-like possession receiver.
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Re: Bryan McDearman

Postby ponyjim » Mon Apr 10, 2000 9:31 pm

i completely agree with you. he is very versatile. he has a strong work ethic and is excited to be playing so much. and as the early scrimmage photos show, he isn't afraid to take some contact.

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponyjim
Scout Team

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 11, 2000 1:40 am

Bryan is a great guy too. He exemplifies everything an athlete should stand for!

Postby SMU00 » Tue Apr 11, 2000 4:47 pm

I agree with your assessment of McDearman. It's too bad players like BMac often get pushed aside for unproven players, simply because they have better speed.

He is a perfect example of the fact that there are talented players at private schools. If we got him, there are more out there we can get!
SMU00
Junior Varsity

Postby Grider » Thu Apr 13, 2000 4:09 pm

A good posession receiver is hard to find. I don't think the coaches will be so quick to push him aside. If he keeps showing the type of ability you're talking about, he'll be an important asset come 3rd down next year. He didn't make alot of plays last year, but the ones I do remember him making were pretty clutch. He's one of the many reasons our receiving core is going to look so strong next year.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Return to Football